View Full Version : Dump Pouches
04-18-2004, 08:36 PM
I recently purchased an Eagle Duty Evidence Pouch. It's nice, but I see its limitations already, since it is "flimsy." I will most likely be using for skeet shooting in the end.
I have researched other dump pouch alternatives, such as SOE and the Eagle SAS. Really, I don't know much about the others, such as the LBT, SOTech, or whatever higher end gear MF out there.
If anyone could give me advice, share experience of dump pouches you have used, pro's and con's, I'd much appreciate it. As of now, I've heard a lot of positive comments about the SOE dump pouch, I just wanted to be sure that there isn't other alternatives out there that I'd rather prefer.
04-18-2004, 09:12 PM
I run a Tactical Tailor Dump pouch.... works for me.
04-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Instead of buying an expensive dump pouch or a buttpack. I bought a 200 Round M249 Box magazine pouch off lightfighter.com.
This is big enough to store everything i will need on the field and is made out of a high quality and rugged material. If you don't want a "flimsy" pouch, then this one might be the one for you. On the inside there are sturdy plastic inserts sewn into the sides so it maintains shape even when nothing is inside it...not to mention it's dirt cheap.
Even though this isn't an actual dump pouch, it gets the job done and works great for me.
04-18-2004, 10:18 PM
I was thinking about doing something like that. SOTech had a nice GP pouch and LBT has a relatively inexpensive M249 SAW pouch. My concern is that it will slow down my reload procedure or maybe it would be just as fast using my Eagle EDP.
04-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I run an Eagle pouch, and it works well for me. I trust that it will keep the mags secure.
04-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Tactical Tailor works for me.
As Wolv suggests, it's quite a matter of trust and even personal preference.
04-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Wolv, do you run the Eagle SAS one or the "roll up" type that I have now?
Well thats two votes for TT also, I may have to look into them.
04-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Three votes for TT. I like mine also. Works great and have never lost anything from it.
04-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Wolv, do you run the Eagle SAS one or the "roll up" type that I have now? Eagle SAS, I wear it off the belt.
04-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Cold Steel, from San Antonio, currently has an HSGI dump pouch on order. I see in it several advantages over the TT dump pouch and may switch in the future:
1. HSGI uses a single leg strap, which is permanently attached to the pouch via diamond shaped webbing. This distributes the weight of the pouch on itself better and reduces the fuss of readjusting or buckling two straps, as on the TT.
2. Rather than an elastic band, the HSGI pouch combines ladder-lock adjusters on the main webbing with a loop of shock cord to provide flex. This replaces the long term wear and tear on large amounts of unreplaceable (unless you can purchase the removeable TT straps by themselves) elastic straps with an easily replaced 6-8 inch piece of shock cord.
3. The HSGI dump pouch provides several additional compartments on the exterior for miscellany as well as MOLLE webbing to attach capable pouches.
1. The HSGI pouch, after shipping is nearly 1/3 more than the price of a TT pouch.
2. The HSGI pouch must be worn on the leg. As the webbing and straps are not removeable, like the TT, the pouch cannot be worn ON a belt.
3. I haven't see the HSGI pouch in person nor have I seen it in application.
04-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Eagle ss is the bomb.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.