PDA

View Full Version : Motor Hookup Problem

ryanmoret
04-12-2004, 06:08 PM
There is a slight problem and all I need to know is the name of the part i need to fix and if I can fix it by a trip to the local hardware store. One of the Connector Tabs that connect the wire to the motor came off and I totally bend it out of shape trying to fix it :mad: . I know I can buy a whole new trigger assembly thing, but I dont know the technical name for it or where I can get it, and about how much do they cost. Also wondering if a hardware store would have that connector, if so what would it be called.

Obsidian
04-12-2004, 06:25 PM
good question. I have either replaced the whole assembly or just soldered it to the motor. You might check the hobby stores.

ryanmoret
04-12-2004, 06:29 PM
If I solder it to the Motor Im afraid ill never be able to get my gun back apart again. I have a metal body so i have to totally take it apart to fix something inside. I think I'll just replace it. What is the part called and how much do they usually run.

skitelluride531
04-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Systema makes one. It's called the "Systema Low Resistance Wire Set" or something. They make one for both wiring to the front, and wiring to the back of the gun.

They are usually 35-40 dollars.

ryanmoret
04-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Wow... Thats more than I expected. I'll see what a trip to the hardware store can do for me.

AustinWolv
04-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Highly doubt you'll find those connectors at any local hardware store. If you do, I'd put my money on The Hardware Store on 183 and Spicewood Springs.

Skizm
04-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Sounds like your talking about the piece on the end of the wire that connects to the motor?

If thats the case then check THIS (http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/upgrades.htm) out...

Its about 3/4 of the way down the page and labeled "Prometheus Gold motor connectors (fits all AEGs)".

coldblooded
04-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Also, if you've ever pulled the fusebox assembly from some of the Marui guns, they use this size connector to hold it all together. Kind of nasty to scavenge connectors from another part of the gun, but it'll get you going in a pinch. I always replace the fusebox assembly in the M4s with an inline fuse to make room for the V batts, etc, so I've stolen these before.

ryanmoret
04-13-2004, 05:07 PM
I have another question involving the wires on the gun. The wire that runs down my stock has been acting odd lately. When I pull the trigger it pauses and then fires, when I remove the wire and plug directly into the gear box the problem isn't there anymore. Does anyone have one of thses stock wires I could get off them or lead me to someone that does. I checked WGC, but they are all out and I prefer to shop US. E-Mail me at RyanMoret@netscape.net if you have any leads to where I can get one.

Paladin
04-14-2004, 12:33 PM
As colblooded said, the wiring from a TM fusebox assembly contains several of the connectors you need.

Ryan......you may want to replace the stock Tamiya connectors with a high quality connector such as Deans Ultras. That should fix your problem if its being caused by the connector.