PDA

View Full Version : BDU Pattern

CombatStick
04-09-2004, 03:03 AM
What is your most preferred pattern?

please forgive me if I miss-name a camo scheme ;)

mcoupe11
04-09-2004, 08:09 AM
For obvious reasons of price and availability, woodland is the most commonly worn camouflage pattern.

chrisvalla
04-09-2004, 08:35 AM
As much as people have a dislike for the non-militarism of hunting cammo, it works VERY well in the right environment. The only problem I have with mine is that it's a little too heavy and gets too hot to wear between April and October and it's absolutely useless in green fields. I also plan my cammo usage depending on the field and time of year where possible, though most fields do have a variety of foliage which generally makes a specific pattern great in one area, but poor in another (which is where 'generic' BDUs come it; they work/don't work everywhere/anywhere.)

AustinWolv
04-09-2004, 09:20 AM
The most commonly-seen BDU's are as mcoupe stated.

Various teams ando/or invididuals have their own personal preferences of course, but that wasn't your poll question.

:)

CombatStick
04-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I guess thats true, I was more intersted on personal prefrence. Guess Ishould have worded it differently.

Has anyone seen the new Marine Digital Woodland Camo , also known as MARPAT? It uses a more "Pixelized" pattern in the camo versus a waivy theme. The Canadians have a version called CADPAT. It looks like it would be a good choice, and has some colors that are useally found in the foliage around here. It even has little Marine emblems hidden in the design. ;)

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/image1.nsf/Lookup/20001020162349/$file/uniforms6.gif
the one on the left is the MARPAT Digital stuff, and the right is the all new Tiger Stripe redesign

AustinWolv
04-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Yep, MARPAT and CADPAT has been known about for quite some time now. Thanks for the info though.

As for your poll, you should edit your question to reflect what type of answer you are seeking.....what is preferred by individuals or what is commonly seen at the field?

:)

CombatStick
04-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Couldnt find anywhere in edit to change the poll, but it is ok. I just changed the question in the post instead. Thanks for the input Austin, this forum is awsome :cool:

and for my most preferred pattern, would be the german flecktarn. I like the scheme, its not so mainstream as the woodland is.

AustinWolv
04-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Couldnt find anywhere in edit to change the poll, but it is ok. I just changed the question in the post instead. Thanks for the input Austin, this forum is awsome :cool:

and for my most preferred pattern, would be the german flecktarn. I like the scheme, its not so mainstream as the woodland is.

I changed the poll question for you. Hopefully, it didn't mess up the voting. :cool:

Bstann
04-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Forgot DPM in the poll so I voted other.

nf9648
04-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Ive got more woodland and desert bdu sets than I do civilian clothes right now, but I think Im going to buy some of the digital pattern when I get back into the game.

MeanGreen
04-27-2004, 10:45 PM
My favorite is definatly MARPAT. I absolutely *heart* this pattern.

Mack4
04-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Rhodesian anyone? ;)
-Mack

nf9648
04-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Rhodesian is dope, but I think performance wise the marine digital is the best on the market right now, a lot of people dont like the look up close but Ive worked around marines in the desert, they even had them in hawaii before I moved from there to texas last spring, Ive never seen any other camo that actually did blend in almost completely with the vegetation behind them.