PDA

View Full Version : BDU Choices

CombatStick
04-09-2004, 02:01 AM
Hey, what BDU Camo pattern does everyone prefer?

Please forgive me if I list a name of one of the colors wrong. ;)

Shooter
06-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Hey, what BDU Camo pattern does everyone prefer?
Please forgive me if I list a name of one of the colors wrong. ;)

I would think Woodland M81, Muliticam, And maybe 3 Color Desert For the winter

ss190
06-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah I would go with Muliticam! I dont have any but I really want some!

jeremywills
06-26-2008, 09:19 PM
US Woodland and 3 color Desert are widely available at any surplus supply place and should be reasonably priced. Those would be the basics. I would suggest the Summer weight, ask for the 50/50 ripstop fabric. In South to Central Texas here its very hot in the summer so roll up the sleeves or just go with a BDU undershirt instead, also available at a surplus shop. Even better would be an Under Armor wicking type which is available on base and some online Military supply companies. Surplus shops might or might not have one.

There is the current patterns, ACU for the Army, Marpat for the Marines, and ABU for the Air Force. There is Multicam which I believe isn't being officially represented by any Governments Military but its very popular with folks. Canada has Cadpat, Germany uses Flecktarn etc....

If you like, just google Modern Military Camoflauge and you will see any countries choice of pattern you wish.

Final thoughts, most Militaries have a Desert and a Woodland type of coloration of thier pattern. The exceptions are the US Army and Airforce, thier patterns are universal. For Airsofting especially at organized OPs there are usually sides, considered Tan and Green so its best to garner yourself a set of each, pattern you choose shouldn't matter unless the events organizers specifically state set patterns ahead of time.

Happy Googling on the Camo.

AustinWolv
06-26-2008, 09:24 PM
4 years after the fact. ;)

jeremywills
06-26-2008, 09:30 PM
I'll be damned. I had better start watching those inital posting dates :D

LaPHtA
06-26-2008, 09:40 PM
LOL! Wow! Talk about a necro-post!

=Scorch=
06-26-2008, 10:22 PM
And maybe 3 Color Desert For the winter

Why would we need desert camo for winter???

ichainsaw
06-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Last Activity: 09-02-2004 09:04 PM

Heh, well...super bump?

Mir
06-27-2008, 04:41 AM
Why would we need desert camo for winter???

Dead Grass, dead things, turn brown. It works pretty well in specific areas, but it isn't great in all areas.

Soria
06-28-2008, 03:17 PM
What about dead posts? Will it hide you there too? ;)