PDA

View Full Version : would this look cool or what?

assassin
04-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I want to give my g-36 more of a sniper look. I want to attach the G-36K barrel and a socom silencer. Do you guys think this would look cool or not?

Mouse
04-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Looks don't matter dude....as long as you can hit something with it. :p

On topic: nothing pisses me off more than people who stick SOCOM silencers on any gun they want to. The SOCOM silencer is made for an MK23 SOCOM pistol...just because it fits on every other airsoft gun, doesn't mean it goes on the gun in real life. (Correct me if i'm wrong guys)

If you're referring to those new G&P SOCOM silencers....I don't know how that would look on a G36, probably just as dumb as the MK23 silencer since the new one is for an M4, not a G36.

DoctorNo
04-09-2004, 01:19 AM
I think it would look pretty silly for a sniper gun. You do realize that the K stands for 'kurtz' which is German for 'short', don't you? :)

Go with a longer barrel and get a nice can that's made to look like a rifle can and not a pistol one. Being able to put a the longest barrel into the weapon will make it a better sniper weapon, rather than it just looking cool.

cclark1985
04-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Looks don't matter dude....as long as you can hit something with it. :p

On topic: nothing pisses me off more than people who stick SOCOM silencers on any gun they want to. The SOCOM silencer is made for an MK23 SOCOM pistol...just because it fits on every other airsoft gun, doesn't mean it goes on the gun in real life. (Correct me if i'm wrong guys)

Looks do matter!! Hitting your target is good too. Further, why would that piss you off? You're not even certain as to the application of the silencer. Sounds cliche to me.

AustinWolv
04-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Looks do matter!! Hitting your target is good too. Further, why would that piss you off? You're not even certain as to the application of the silencer. Sounds cliche to me.

I'm going to guess his thought process is this:
Mk23 is .45 handgun, thus SOCOM silencer is for .45.

Large majority of the assault rifle replicas are of 5.56mm (.223) caliber. Obviously not the same size.

Thus, it is unrealistic and goofy to see a .45 can on a .223 rifle.

Just a guess though.

cclark1985
04-09-2004, 12:07 PM

Large majority of the assault rifle replicas are of 5.56mm (.223) caliber. Obviously not the same size.

Just a guess though.

Yes, Wolv, I am aware at why it would piss someone off who was sure on the usage of the silencer. But in Mouse's case, being unsure of it's usage (as hinted when he asked for a correction), it seems rather cliche for it to piss him off. Merely my viewpoint.

mcoupe11
04-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Cliche? In what way?

cclark1985
04-09-2004, 12:24 PM
He reads someone else griping about silencer's purpose, he then (not having that opinion before) conforms and that's now his opinion.. Cliche, conformity....bah. Hard to explain.

mcoupe11
04-09-2004, 12:29 PM
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=cliche

Not quite.

cclark1985
04-09-2004, 12:33 PM
"a trite phrase or expression"
trite: "not fresh or original"

Yes, quite.

mcoupe11
04-09-2004, 12:39 PM
"Cliche," in that sense, is a noun. You used the word as an adjective ... to describe something that isn't a "phrase or expression."

I can do this all day. :p

cclark1985
04-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Fine, forgive me for the miss use of the world cliche. I will edit my post to take use of the word trite. Please excuse me while I go shoot myself in the head! You bugger.

mcoupe11
04-09-2004, 12:42 PM
That's all I wanted to hear. :p

Mack4
04-09-2004, 01:17 PM
I want to give my g-36 more of a sniper look. I want to attach the G-36K barrel and a socom silencer. Do you guys think this would look cool or not?
-assassin

http://www.airsoft-war4.com/w4_custom.php?c=w4_custom_aeg&page=3
Here is a load of G36c conversions. More on the page before and the page after. Good luck on your modifications.
-Mack

Mouse
04-09-2004, 01:52 PM

That is exactly what my thought process is. I just wasn't quite
sure if that was entirely accurate.

And yes, there are things in airsoft that piss me off more than this little silencer issue, i was just over exaggerating. :)

AustinWolv
04-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Mack, my personal opinion is that a different silencer would look better.

Skizm
04-09-2004, 03:47 PM
I think it would look pretty silly for a sniper gun. You do realize that the K stands for 'kurtz' which is German for 'short', don't you? :)

You do mean "Kurz" right? And the literal translation is "brief".

And lets all say it together....S-U-P-P-R-E-S-S-O-R.....Thank you

EDIT: whoops...I need to learn proof read :D

AustinWolv
04-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Skizm:: S-U-P-P-R-E-S-S-O-R

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=suppressor

Mack4
04-09-2004, 04:35 PM
I personally like clean lines on a sniper rifle, but if you have to have a “can” the nice thing about the Socom is the fact that it is a slender silencer or "can." My KM Lightweight is a beast, as far as length and width go. Depending on the length of barrel this G36c is going to have (I would go with an 18-21inch tight bore) will determine how long the silencer needs to be.
-Mack

Paladin
04-14-2004, 01:39 PM
.............nothing pisses me off more than people who stick SOCOM silencers on any gun they want to. The SOCOM silencer is made for an MK23 SOCOM pistol................(Correct me if i'm wrong guys)

Its made for any pistol used by SOCOM,whether its a MK23 or USP tac.

And yes, it looks silly as hell seeing a pistol silencer on a rifle.

assassin
04-15-2004, 10:17 AM
The socom silencer is not just for the mk. 23 . Socom stands for special operations command, which means the silencer was made for special operations . so it can be attached to a weapon that best suits the mission, not just a mk.23. Furthermore the g-36 k looks stupid, so until the come out with a full length g-36 i will stick with a unique,but equally effective g36-c. And for the record it does matter what your gun looks like. Thats the reason we play airsoft.If you dont care what your gun looks like then paintball would probably be the sport for you. :)
respectfully,
Assassin

AustinWolv
04-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Sure, if you say so. Go look up some information on why the KAC .45 SOCOM silencer was produced.

You obviously didn't want our opinions as your heart is set on the .45 SOCOM silencer. Next time, don't fish for "opinions" when your mind is already made.

If you cared about what your gun looked like, you wouldn't be putting the SOCOM silencer on a rifle of a different caliber.

Locked due to realization this thread doesn't add any value to the forums.

Respectfully,