PDA

View Full Version : 6.22.03 Txpb

Jay
06-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Will you be attending?
What scenarios or game elements would you like to see employed?
Are you bringing guests?
Anything else?

Rayzor
06-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Yes, it will be my first game.
I'm up for anything!
Yes, one friend. His first time as well.
Looking forward to playing with you guys.

-Rayzor

Obsidian
06-15-2003, 09:08 PM
Yup... more upgrades for the M60 that need tested... hehe

Starfox
06-15-2003, 09:38 PM
I will be attending. It will be my first skirmish in Austin, but not my first skirmish over all. I will bring along a friend. Hope to see yall there.

Dark
06-15-2003, 09:41 PM
I will be at orientation in Dallas this weekend, so I have to skip out yet again :(
I'm starting to go through airsoft withdrawl...

AustinWolv
06-15-2003, 09:46 PM
1. Likely, but not definite yet.
2. Skirmishes not involving Trench or Tower fields. Let's use the rear area that we haven't been on in a while.....heck, even the random mission cards would come in handy with that.
3. Hmm, nope.
4. What do you think, Jay? Shall I use the Thompson or the AK? Perhaps the G3?

Monster
06-16-2003, 12:35 AM
1. Not sure, I don't have an AEG right now..
2. I agree with Wolv, even if we have a small turnout, lets play Lonestar Field(?). You know, the huge field behind the tower field, across the road from A-Field.
3. Nope
4. I need a new AEG!

Rayzor
06-16-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm hoping for an average-size turnout, since it will be the first AEG skirmish for my friend and I. *sigh* The longer I think about it, the longer the day is.

AustinWolv
06-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Monster, what happened to yours?

Rayzor
06-16-2003, 12:45 PM
Does anyone happen to know where I can keep my extra gear that I don't bring on the field? (Snacks, etc.)

AustinWolv
06-16-2003, 12:51 PM
In your car. ;)

Seriously though, most players do one of the following:
1. Leave it in the car
2. Leave it in the no-fire picnic table zone
3. Carry a bag with them down to the fields and leave it at a dead-pool drop point

The security of your items is up to you, and I have not heard of things being stolen before, but personally I like to leave all my stuff locked up in my car. Other opinions may vary.

Rayzor
06-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Don't have a car :(

I don't suppose I could leave it in someone else's car?

Jono
06-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Change of plans, I should be there.

AustinWolv
06-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Rayzor, I am 95% confident your items will be just fine on the picnic tables or dropped with others' bags on the playing field.

My statement was merely that I feel most secure with my personal belongings locked up. :)

Rayzor
06-16-2003, 01:48 PM
So do I, but I guess I'll have to leave it with the other players' stuff

AustinWolv
06-18-2003, 01:44 PM
4. What do you think, Jay? Shall I use the Thompson or the AK? Perhaps the G3?

Well Jay, what say you? I'm letting you decide my AEG usage this weekend. :)
No reason, other than to have some fun and let you pick for me. I love all my AEG's, and they all need attention. :cool:

Agrovale
06-18-2003, 06:42 PM
The AK is the most hurty... :)

bobbythebee
06-19-2003, 12:30 PM
I don't remember ever seeing Wolv with a Thompson... unless that's the one with the real steel foregrip and the painted black stock? (I don't think that Wolv was the one using that one, but I dunno)

AustinWolv
06-19-2003, 12:49 PM
That's the one.

Jay
06-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Use the AK...
Best Tony Montana voice: "I kill a communist for free... but for [letting me choose his AEG], I carve 'im up real nice."

AustinWolv
06-19-2003, 04:02 PM
:D

cclark1985
06-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Will you be attending?
What scenarios or game elements would you like to see employed?
Are you bringing guests?
Anything else?

Ya i'll be there like always.
I don't care what we play, as long as the teams are balanced and everyone ends up smiling at the end. I would like to play some closer up stuff though, its kinda tireing at times being outranged by other peoples guns.
Probably just me.

Rayzor
06-21-2003, 12:27 AM
Is $40 enough to bring? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Renting paintball mask ($6?)
Renting Agro's M16 ($15)
Bringing my own BBs (Or do they force you to buy theirs for $15?)
Field Fee ($10)
A few extra bucks for water (IF my camelbak, canteen run out)

Total - ~$35 ($45 if I have to buy their BBs)

Just making sure, it would suck severely if I didn't bring enough

AustinWolv
06-21-2003, 09:12 AM
I *think* they let you have masks for free, but I could be wrong.

You can use your own BB's or buy them from Agro/Obsidian for $15/bag. However, if you bring your own to use with a rental gun, please ensure they are not the cheap .12g BB's commonly found around town. Only use .2g or heavier BB's. If in doubt, just buy a bag from those guys.

But overall, it sounds like you are on the right track. :)

Rayzor
06-21-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm not quite sure how heavy they are, but I have ~2500 yellow ones that I bought from Academy. They also sell the white .25 ones.

I guess I'll just have to bring an extra $15.
I can also shoot some of my bbs with my springer and compare them to the .2g bbs.

Rayzor
06-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Update: My friend doesn't have enough money right now, so he won't be able to make it to tomorrow's game. This is great, I'm going to look like a complete noob! :D

Kyle
06-21-2003, 03:47 PM
The yellow bb's you got from academy are .12

Rayzor
06-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Crap...now I have to spend an extra $15 :(

Codmaster Alex
06-21-2003, 10:46 PM
ya i'm going

but anyways i need some .25 bbs. my new g36c hicap does not like .20 bbs. they just don't get up into the gun no matter how much i wind. .25 work just fine though and if someone could bring some just let me know. if not let me know too so i don't waste a trip down there

Rayzor
06-22-2003, 09:17 PM
Well, looks like I'll be the first to do an after action report.

For the most part, I don't think I did that bad for my first time out. 3 kills, 5 deaths (2 in A-field by myself, 1 in trench). It was more fun than I thought it would be, although there were a few things that could have been better.

For one, Agro's M16 is absolutely huge on me, and with the M203 on there it's a bit bulky, so it was hard to maneuver with it in A-field. On the good side, the range and power it has is pretty awesome. I was able to hit people much farther away than I thought I could. I play all the time in my neighborhood with springers, so when I was using the M16, I accidentally aimed above my target a few times. Needless to say, the bbs flew straight over.

On the trenches game, the gun wouldnt shoot semi for some reason. It only worked on full auto, which I'd rather not use but I was forced to. I figured it had to do with the mag or something, cause it was working fine the first 3 games. I probably didn't wind the mag right or somethin, but every time I tried semi the bbs just rolled out of the barrel. Someone will have to give me another walk-through the next OP I go to.

There's alot more I can say about the experience, but I don't feel like typing all of it right now. Anyway, thanks for the games guys, had a great time. I'll definetely be back for more later towards the end of the year when it's much cooler, because that's when more people show up and play alot more games.

AustinWolv
06-22-2003, 09:45 PM
Well, it certainly did not feel that hot out what with the slight breeze, the lack of humidity, and the shade I sought often. However, when I got home, the little weather thingie on my PC said it was 97 out. :) Not too shabby, and I realized it towards the end of the day when I had to fill up my CamelBak again.

We only had 8 show up to start the day, so the first skirmish was a 4 on 4 quick skirmish on the fort field. I got whacked right off the start being dumb, but that's ok as I found a great spot in the shade with the breeze and could have sat there all day. :D Single elimination, and the youngins outlasted the older types.

3 or 4 more people showed up, so the second skirmish again occurred on the fort/crackhouse fields with the 2 sides switching starting positions. Single elimination again. Lots of nice shots on both sides, but the older types with the help of an additional weapon (Alex) finally picked off the other side.

Third skirmish was the longest of the day, and it occurred on A-field. Opfor had 7 people, while Bluefor (my team) had 5. Straight move to contact situation with single elimination. Bluefor, in atypical Whiskey fashion, moved quite a bit throughout this skirmish and picked away at Opfor for quite some time before finally cornering their last player. Can't say what Opfor did, as I obviously didn't travel with them, but Bluefor probed until movement was spotted, engaged from cover, then fell back. After regrouping in a flanking position on one side of the field, Bluefor then proceeded to cross the width of the field to probe again. Upon engaging, Bluefor sought cover, and Opfor was unable to locate all of our people. 2 of our people moved up slowly, picking off Opfor with single shots. The other two of us moved to our right flank to draw fire and flank. One got hit, so I was solo at that point and circled behind the Opfor. The other two Bluefor continued forward, until the remaining Opfor saw me and sent BB's my way. At that point, one of my teammates popped out to shoot him, but got hit, so I was able to squeeze off a burst to hit the last Opfor player. Looong game, but a lot of fun IMO.

Everyone took a break at this point, followed by the fourth little skirmish which was a quick battle on Trenches. One respawn allowed. Same teams, but Opfor only had 6 people this time, as one fellow left. Lots of action as always on Trenches and some nice shots both ways.

Saw a lot of nice things today in people manuevering, playing smartly from cover (except for me being stupid the first skirmish), supporting each other, and honorable play. I would say that it was a fun day, and I'm glad I went after seriously considering staying home. :cool:

One thing to remember: Keep your goggles on at TXPB no matter what until you reach the picnic table area. Also wear sealed goggles, as that is TXPB's rule.

Rayzor
06-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Yea, I still have a huge welt on my elbow where you popped me with your AK. At that point, I was pretty much screwed because no matter who I shot, you or velv, I would have ended up dying anyway. Long game, but still a load of fun.

By the way, how many were left on your team when I was pinned in that corner? I knew where 3 of you were, but I never made contact with anyone else. I realized I had lost when I saw Wolv circling around to flank me. Not to mention Velv up the middle, and Obsidian lying prone off to my right to prevent me from moving.

AustinWolv
06-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Rayzor, it was just the 3 of us (a-Velv, Obsidian, and I).

Rayzor
06-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Thought so. What was funny was when I knew I was the last one remaining from my team, I had flashbacks of that other kid that was pinned behind that wooden wall and you guys were nailing him from all three sides. By the way, Velv, why didn't you shoot off any rounds at me?

AustinWolv
06-22-2003, 10:18 PM
I *believe* he didn't know exactly where you were. Could be wrong. As he told me, he moved up only because I had sent out a comm call that you were sending BB's my way, so he thought he could move up to engage you.

Rayzor
06-22-2003, 10:20 PM
Or he may have been trying to advance as close as possible while I was still looking your way. Soon as I turned and saw him, I sent a hail of bbs his way.

Codmaster Alex
06-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Man the woodland game was looong! But it was fun. i discovered something about myself today: i suck at interpreting hand signals. you'd think i'd just kinda of figure it out but no. i just kinda had to nod and smile and pretend i knew what the other person was talking about. ;) (stupid radio!) i like playing with people who know what they are doing. man i thought I had it together but playing with those guys made me seem like a real noob. i was also suprized by how well my stock G36 was keeping up with the rest of the bunch. looking forward to the next game.

Note to self: get a damn CamelBak!

AustinWolv
06-23-2003, 07:26 AM
Nice playing with you, Alex. Good job working with us as a squad. :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions if need be. Better to know what the communication is prior to taking BB's. :D

Also, definitely get something that'll keep you hydrated, whether that is a CamelBak or canteens. I'd hate to have to carry you all the way to the picnic table area after you've passed out. :p

See you out there soon.

Rayzor
06-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Wolv, I'm about to get a radio pretty soon. Any suggestions?

AustinWolv
06-23-2003, 10:52 AM
How much do you want to spend?

I would recommend for ease of cost and accessories to just get a Motorola FRS, as you can find plenty of items readily available.

However, the FRS radio I previously used before my current setup was a Kenwood that gave really great performance. It was a bit more costly at ~$50 for the radio itself, but I can't recall complaints of people not getting my calls or clarity issues, whereas other FRS users would experience trouble with their radios.

We used to have some good posts in the Tactical Gear section from the old forums, but they have disappeared, and I *think* Obsidian is working to get them back. We can continue this discussion there if need be, as that is the appropriate forum for your question. :)

Rayzor
06-23-2003, 10:56 AM
Copy.