PDA

View Full Version : Trouble staying logged in

mcoupe11
04-07-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm not able to stay logged into the website. It logs me out if I leave the website for more than a minute or two, even if I check the "Remember me?" box when I log in. The problem started when we moved back to the current server; I had no trouble staying logged in previously, and my IE settings have not been changed.

Obsidian
04-07-2004, 06:32 PM
ya I have noticed some issues....I will look at it tonight after bowling.

Obsidian
04-12-2004, 11:57 AM
anyone else having problems with this? The only thing that I have noticed is that when you switch themes it seems to log you off.

Beta
04-28-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm having the same problem, and with the chatroom as well.

AustinWolv
04-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah, it booted me too. It wouldn't let me log back in.

I closed the window, opened up a new one, logged in from the front page of the site, and I'm back in now.

Obsidian
04-28-2004, 04:17 PM
I added some new stuff today. If you have problems go to tools> internet options > Delete Cookies. Then try logging in again.

Ralph Wiggum
04-28-2004, 04:55 PM
I am also having some trouble logging in as well as logging out. Even though it shows that I am logged in I can't seem to post anything, check private messages, or access the arcade. Every attempt to perform one of the above actions causes the log in screen to appear and request for me to log in again. At this point the log in screen is prompted over and over again even though I am logged in. I tried to delete the cookies using the tools/internet options menu, but this didn't seem to work. I then navigated to the cookies directory and deleted the index.dat file. This seemed to work for me because I am posting this message and I couldn't before. If you try this and you receive an error message stating that a process has locked that file you will need to end the explorer.exe process and then start it again (you will also need to close your IE sessions). This worked for me, however, it is a somewhat convoluted work around.

Ralph Wiggum
04-28-2004, 07:53 PM
I turned the privacy settings all the way up in the "Tools/Internet Options" on the "Privacy" tab. This blocks all cookies and it seems to have fixed the problem I was having.

Dutch508
04-29-2004, 02:31 PM
man, I am continually bounced out, although the site says I am logged in.

have to try Ralph's solution.

Obsidian
04-30-2004, 12:10 AM
you need to check the address that you are going to. If you go to www.austinairsoft.com and login then go to austinairsoft.com the cookie will not transfer. It will also not transfer between austinairsoft and lonestarairsoft.

Beyond that the key is to delete your cookies, close your browser, and restart.
If that doesnt fix it please PM me so we can run through whats going on.