More than likely.

See Scenario Ideas section.

Agrovale
03-29-2004, 09:25 AM
I won't be there. It's Maxs' first birthday! :D

AustinWolv
03-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Cool! Happy bday to mini-Agro. :)

BTW Jay, let's refrain from BB-dumps on the paintball courts as well, as I've been saying for some time now. Some Airsoft-based scenarios would be nice. I'll even print some out and bring them with if that would help.

Jay
03-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by AustinWolv
Cool! Happy bday to mini-Agro. :)

BTW Jay, let's refrain from BB-dumps on the paintball courts as well, as I've been saying for some time now. Some Airsoft-based scenarios would be nice. I'll even print some out and bring them with if that would help.

Excellent.
How about we do one in the trenches for those who are early and one in the crackhouse field?
Then, we can spend the rest of the day in A field doing different types of scenarios.

AustinWolv
03-29-2004, 10:55 AM
How about we do one in the trenches for those who are early and one in the crackhouse field? Feel free.
Personally, I may spectate during that time.

Scout-pilot
03-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Hey will be showing up as of now.... New to the game, couple questions...Will there be a game rain or shine? Is any one going to bring rentals, I might be able to get more people to come if rentals are availble.... and all the info is on this site for the time and everything Right? Thanks for the help. Jeremy

AustinWolv
03-30-2004, 06:31 PM
scout, see here for rental info: http://www.lonestarairsoft.sidworkz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1845

Typically, people don't bring them unless a person contacts them to set it up.

Skirmishes, knock on wood, have seen good weather. The only way it would be cancelled is if there is lightening or torrential downpours. We have skirmished in the light rain before, so I would expect that to continue.

As for the time, skirmishes start at 1pm, so expect to be there up to an hour early to gear up, meet people, pay the field fee, etc.

Scout-pilot
03-31-2004, 03:10 PM
Ok, will be showing up with two other people as of now, Trying to get a couple others..What about masks? I have my own mask, trying to get it all set up for my friend that dosn't have anything yet. But the rentals posted dont have masks? Are the avaible at the field?

B.C.D.
04-01-2004, 02:32 AM
I do know TXPB dose have masks for rent. You can call and ask them how much at, Tel: (512) 219-3281 but I believe masks are $3.99.

BigLucky
04-01-2004, 04:55 PM
I won't be there. Have an IPSC match on Sunday. Gotta get warmed up for Space City IPSC match the weekend before the OP.

Scout-pilot
04-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Ok I have a total of 3 people coming this weekend. Can't wait to get playing.

thejackal69
04-02-2004, 06:01 PM
I will be there. To all of you players who are experienced in working on their guns: If I show up early, could one of yall help me install a new inner barrel and motor? I have never installed an internal part on my gun and am not very experienced in this manner. edit: I would also like to purchase an m16 hi-cap and a bag of .2 gram bb's from obsidian or agro (or anyone else) depending on who shows.

Scout-pilot
04-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Hey, Im a new guy to airsoft, But I have tons of BB's for ya if you need.

thejackal69
04-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks Scout, I ran out a couple weeks ago. In regards to scenarios, I'd like to try something besides move to contact if that is alright with yall. Is there anyone who can help me install those parts?

skitelluride531
04-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Jackal, your probably going to have to pay labor fees for someone to do that for you.

As for attending this weekends game, I won't be there. I will be out for the next few weeks while I build my new gun :D .

thejackal69
04-03-2004, 11:59 AM
That is understandable. Alright then, I'll offer $10 to anyone who can help me out.

AustinWolv
04-03-2004, 12:10 PM
That is understandable. Alright then, I'll offer $10 to anyone who can help me out.
This is what we categorize as poor planning, and not very considerate of others since people need to get geared up and ready to play, not work on guns. That being said, if you get there early enough and a person has some spare time, I'm sure someone will help you out.

AustinWolv
04-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks Scout, I ran out a couple weeks ago. In regards to scenarios, I'd like to try something besides move to contact if that is alright with yall. Is there anyone who can help me install those parts?
Take a look in the Scenario Idea forum. There are plenty of suggestions there.

thejackal69
04-03-2004, 07:14 PM
"This is what we categorize as poor planning, and not very considerate of others since people need to get geared up and ready to play, not work on guns. That being said, if you get there early enough and a person has some spare time, I'm sure someone will help you out."

Sorry about that wolv, I have been doing community service and have not had a chance to drop my gun off somewhere. I will, however, bring the tools necessary to install these parts if someone can tell me what tools I need.

"Take a look in the Scenario Idea forum. There are plenty of suggestions there."

I took a look, some that caught my eye were the one with the downed pilot extraction, the one with the SAS defending the fire base against Argentenians, and the one with the cartel or mercenary meeting (not sure which one).

AustinWolv
04-03-2004, 09:26 PM
I have a number of scenarios printed out that I'll bring tomorrow, and we can attempt.

AustinWolv
04-03-2004, 10:46 PM
BTW, don't forget about the time change.

Mouse
04-03-2004, 11:54 PM
I won't be able to make it out tomorrow, i have to work on a stupid geometry project.

As for the rest of Maelstrom i really have no idea if any of us are showing...man, school sucks AND blows....if thats even possible. :rolleyes:

thejackal69
04-04-2004, 01:10 AM
BTW, don't forget about the time change.
What is the time change? are we going to daylight savings?

AustinWolv
04-04-2004, 01:37 AM
What is the time change? are we going to daylight savings?
One way to remember it: Set your clock to spring forward, and then when the leaves change, set it to fall back.

B.C.D.
04-04-2004, 04:36 AM
I might drop by for a little while and watch as I have some other plans up there.

AustinWolv
04-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Thoughts on today's scenarios? Changes/edits needed?

I would recommend a deck of cards is brought out every week so scenarios are ready to go.

cedarcliffe
04-04-2004, 10:21 PM
We enjoyed the new scenarios. Thanks for taking the time to come up with them. We like the mix of being able to do the regular BB dumps and then play a scenario game. Just glad we didn't drag any crates this time.

thejackal69
04-05-2004, 12:38 AM
I loved the first two scenarios, the only problem with the last one was the teams were a bit uneven. Other than that, great day. I'll post an AAR later.

B.C.D.
04-05-2004, 01:47 AM
I enjoyed watching the little bit I was there today and I must say airsoft is much more fun to watch then paintball any day.

I noticed those cards you had out there to day Wolv and thought the scenarios sounded interesting and worked grate on keeping things rolling on the up-and-up, very nice. A deck of cards brought out every week so scenarios are ready to go would be very helpful in general I think.

Jay
04-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Thoughts on today's scenarios? Changes/edits needed?
Yes. On the extract mission, make the defending team's respawn far from the Objective. This way, the defending team has an incentive to set up for the 2nd phase of the scenario [keep other team from reaching extract point] and not just an incentive to keep mobilizing for the first phase [defend objective].

AustinWolv
04-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Noted, I'll make a gameplay note about that on the card. Do you have a distance in mind? 200 yards, for example?

Jay
04-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Noted, I'll make a gameplay note about that on the card. Do you have a distance in mind? 200 yards, for example?
I was thinking along the lines of an isoceles triangle where the Respawn is equidistant from both the Objective and the Extraction Point..

AustinWolv
04-05-2004, 11:21 AM
I was thinking along the lines of an isoceles triangle where the Respawn is equidistant from both the Objective and the Extraction Point..

Good suggestion, will note it as such on the card.

Katana
04-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Good suggestion, will note it as such on the card.

I wanted to make a quick note here and say that I remember Brittain and FOG bringing mission cards out about a year ago, and staking the landmarks out way back when. Thanks to them for doing the grunt work and making that happen.

Also, I want to thank Wolv for resurrecting the scenario card idea and getting the ball rolling on this again, as I really felt it added a lot to the skirmishes this past weekend.

I want to extend my personal gratitude to everyone that works toward making the weekly skirmishes more exciting.