PDA

View Full Version : Headsets

Sam
03-28-2004, 07:38 PM
So i got a headset from academy (over the ear type) and it worked well at the mini op untill i started sweating. Then it would loosen up and slip off. Very annoying. Anyways as i was crawling through some brush taking fire it fell off and is now gone to the Llamas. I was wondering what headsets you guys use that work well. I'm gonna look around but just wanted some input, i think i'm going to go for an "over the head" design instead of the plastic that just goes on your ear.

Katana
03-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Whelp, there's professional grade stuff, but it will cost you more than an AEG for just the headset.

On the more reasonably priced side of things, I hear lots of people talking well of the OTTO headsets... the 'breeze' model in particular. Those are still kinda pricey though. $50 - $100 or so. However, I will say that a great headset and PTT is the best money I ever spent, even over some of my aeg's.

Sam
03-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Gotcha katana. I have been looking at the breeze models. I figure if it stays on my head and works for a long time it's worth the money. In any case does anyone know which model of breeze to get for a Motorola Talkabout 5300? I don't see it on their product compatibility list but i'm sure it's the same as some other motorola models.

coldblooded
03-28-2004, 09:25 PM
A few of us have been using the Motorola headsets made for the Talkabouts. Goes over the ear, but has like a spring loaded clip to hold it on. Never goes anywhere, and has a very durable boom mic (it's metal inside or something). They have them at Academy for around $15-20, I think.
http://www.simple-line.com/mot56earwitb.html

skitelluride531
03-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Coldblooded, does that have a PTT button?

mcoupe11
03-28-2004, 10:09 PM
No. You have to use the PTT on your radio.

I've been using this type of headset since I started playing airsoft and have never had any problems with it at all. It's solid.

Sam
03-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Haha thats kinda funny. Thats the one I had. My problem is I sweat like a pig so it got all greasy and would fall off when I run. Also i have funny shaped ears so i don't think it stays on too well.

skitelluride531
03-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Sam, I will buy it from you.

cclark1985
03-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by skitelluride531
Sam, I will buy it from you.

I will respond to this quote with a quote: "it fell off and is now gone to the Llamas."

skitelluride531
03-28-2004, 10:47 PM
:p Sorry about that. I need to read more closely.

mcoupe11
03-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Haha thats kinda funny. Thats the one I had. My problem is I sweat like a pig so it got all greasy and would fall off when I run. Also i have funny shaped ears so i don't think it stays on too well.

That's weird. One day mine caught a branch as I was running and damn near tore my ear off. It just would not let go. I wonder, how were you wearing it? I wear mine with the boom mike coming over the ear and the clip under the ear, behind the earlobe, just as it's pictured at the link Coldblooded provided.

Sam
03-30-2004, 08:19 PM
I was wearing it with the mic on top but in more of a horizontal fashion compared to that picture. Maybe this is why it fell off? Like I said though, I have funny shaped ears and am lacking much of an earlobe to help hold it on. Maybe I will try again with the same style and if I don't like it I can just sell it.

And yes, I think the llamas now have long range communications and will herd us into a corner then keep us hostage untill we free their friend Lamo, king of all llamas! (and L337 h4x0r too). Read here (http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,50811,00.html) if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about.)