PDA

View Full Version : Metal Body Instructions

ryanmoret
03-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Is there anyone in here that can give me instructions how to replace the body to my SR-16 or link me to a site that has step-by-step instructions?

AustinWolv
03-26-2004, 09:55 PM
http://www.renegaderecon.com/article_details.php?id=25

Not exactly the best-written article, but it should help.

mcoupe11
03-26-2004, 10:27 PM
What brand of metal body are you planning to install?

ryanmoret
03-26-2004, 11:31 PM
G&G - the one that was being sold in the classified section

ryanmoret
04-01-2004, 05:42 PM
What is the best way to get the selector switch screw unscrewed. Also, how od you get the pin out if you dont have a pin punch. thanks

AustinWolv
04-01-2004, 06:35 PM
What is the best way to get the selector switch screw unscrewed. Also, how od you get the pin out if you dont have a pin punch. thanks
Unscrewed from your old body? Knock out the blank on the right side of the body. That reveals a hole so you can unscrew the selector switch.

Which pin are you trying to remove?

A bit more description in your request for guidance would help us help you. :)

ryanmoret
04-01-2004, 09:16 PM
The one that is below the trigger, sorry about that. Something just came to mind, about the selector switch screw, what about when installing it, what is the easiest way to screw it back on?

AustinWolv
04-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Below the trigger???

As for the selector switch, just perform the reverse steps from how you uninstalled it. Screw it into place through hole in right side of lower receiver, place the blank back into place, and then continue to reassemble the rest of the gun. Pretty easy.

ryanmoret
04-02-2004, 08:15 AM
its the bar that connects the trigger gaurd to the grop of the gun, i wish i knew the name of it.

mcoupe11
04-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Yes, I've had lot's of trouble in the past with the "grop" and the "trigger gaurd."

I use a small allen key and a hammer to tap out the pin I think you're talking about. Obviously, you have to find a key which is small enough to fit in the hole while big enough to "catch" the ends of the hollow pin.

Also, you might have to glue the blank Wolv mentions back in place after installing the selector switch.

AustinWolv
04-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Exactly what mcoupe11 said. The front of that bar is held in place by a spring pin, if my memory serves me correctly. The rear of the bar is held in place by a spring-loaded pin that extends into a hole in the receiver bracket (for lack of better term). You do NOT have to remove that spring-loaded pin. Merely engage it and push it back into the bar, and you'll be able to remove the bar from the receiver trigger guard bracket.