PDA

View Full Version : ics mp5 mag

kaiser bear
03-24-2004, 06:31 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem.
Today I went to fire my ics mp5a4, and after loadingn my 200rdclip and winding it, I loaded it into the gun. When I clicked it into place i heard a load winding noise and when i went to fire no bb's were being fired.
After looking at it for awhile I rewound it and tried again and witnessed the same results. So I then loaded my other clip which worked fine for about 20 or so rounds and then quit firing. I wound the clip twice and tried to fire and still not shots. When I took it out and compared the two clips i found nothing wrong with them.
They are metal ICS AEG 200 round clips and are brand new. I was wondering what was wrong with them and if there is a way to fix them.

AustinWolv
03-24-2004, 06:51 PM
MP5 magazines are notorious for needing to be wound every 30rounds or so. They also seem to unwind more often than hicap mags of other AEG replicas when inserted into the magwell.

As for the sound you hear when you insert the mag into the gun, that could have been the mag unwinding. Typically, you'll have to rewind the mag when that happens.

Try rewinding them fully when loaded into the gun. Do they fire then? If not, you'll probably need to take the mag apart to see what happened and hopefully something the coil spring or gears didn't break.

kaiser bear
03-24-2004, 07:11 PM
I tried the winding it while its in the gun and noticed no change. I then took apart the magazine and found no broken spring, no teeth missing from the gears, and nothing loose or out of place. I did however notice that when I applied pressure the pin that holds the winding spring that it functions normally, but when I removed the pressure it released the spring causing the unwinding noise. I am going to try tightening the "C" clamp around the spring pin to see if it will hold. Other than that i really have no clue whats wrong.

kaiser bear
03-24-2004, 07:22 PM
I found the problem, thanks for the help.

Agrovale
03-24-2004, 07:48 PM
What was it? Someone else might have the same problem in the future...

kaiser bear
03-25-2004, 11:41 AM
apparently i didn't have enough bb's and when i would turn the spring it would release cause the bb's weren't there to apply pressure.

Katana
03-25-2004, 12:06 PM
The short feed tube running from the feed nozzle at the top of the mag down to the feed wheel at the bottom has to have enough bb's in it for the spring to push against before it can wind. Depending on the magazine, it's normally around 10 bb's or so.