PDA

View Full Version : Fuses

JoeMama
03-24-2004, 12:38 PM
15amp fuses in stock AEGs? Do i need a larger fuse for a 12v bat? I'm thinking I don't since I'll be running a Systema Super Torque up motor.

AustinWolv
03-24-2004, 01:02 PM
1. Yes, stock AEG's have 15A fuses.
2. Battery size does not dictate fuse size for AEG application. Spring strength does.
3. Go to a 20A fuse (I'm assuming this is for your semi-auto sniper AEG project and thus you are using a M150 spring, right?)

JoeMama
03-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Spring is a M140. Otherwise you are correct.

AustinWolv
03-24-2004, 01:36 PM
20A fuse is definitely all you need with M140.

JoeMama
03-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks again Wolv.

Obsidian
03-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Odds are with the 12v 2400 you will have to remove the fuse all together due to the lack of space in the stock.

JoeMama
03-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Obs,
Take a look at this bat:
http://www.airsoft-war4.com/details.php?pid=24

Due to it's shape, I'm thinking I'm not going to have remove the fuse or even modify the stock.

Obsidian
03-25-2004, 08:09 AM
same size and shape as the 12v 2400 I have. If you manage to fit it in there without cutting on the stock do a write up :) With my battery I ended up cutting about 80% of all the little cross spars out of the stock.

JoeMama
03-25-2004, 08:14 AM
80% really?! I suppose you used a dremel. Did you come across any issues when removing the cross spars?

AustinWolv
03-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Could always go to a smaller form factor fuse, along with removing the fuse holder. :)

Katana
03-25-2004, 10:00 AM
No need for a dremel to remove the cross braces. Not sure how you'd get a dremel in there anyhow, without some kind of bit extension that's probably not safe at the rotation speed that thing puts out. The butt-stock was molded in two halves and glued together, and that includes the cross braces. They are built in halves, are relatively weak, and their only real attachment point is at the end up against the interior wall of the stock. Take a long screwdriver and you can snap them in half with little difficulty, then shake the pieces out of the stock. As long as the stock is full of battery, I wouldn't worry too much about structural weakness.

Obsidian
03-25-2004, 11:40 AM
There is an easier way than that to do it. Go get a hacksaw blade, just the blade...dump the fancy holders. Take the buttstock off and slide the blade in there. Press the blade against the wall of the stock and saw through the rib. They will be cut off perfectly flush and you do not have to tear anything apart.

JoeMama
03-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Both good ideas. I'll give the hack saw a try.

Did yall super-glue the pieces back together?

JoeMama
03-31-2004, 08:12 AM
Here is how I did it. :)

I cut out all the ribs within the stock that would hold a normal large battery. After trying to fit the battery in, I noticed that one of the cross bar connectors (the one closest to the receiver) was still blocking the battery. I cut out the cross bar and the battery fit... really, really tight.

The next problem I ran into was where to fit the fuse. For a brief second, I thought about removing the fuse but decided against it. There is possibly enough room under where the receiver bar and the stock connect, but eyeballing the space it didn't seem large enough for a stock fuse holder. I did notice that I had quite a bit of room above the battery to run a fuse. Taking this path, I'd have to cut out the top ribs or the stock pin guide. The fuse did fit above the battery and i tucked the wires to the side of the battery to make more room for the stock pin.

Once the stock was attached to the receiver, I inserted the stock pin. However, the battery pushes the stock pin up just enough to be off center from the receiver nut. I still have not figured out how to get the two meet. Sooo... right now I'm running with out the stock pin. With the sling I'm using, the stock will be under pressure against the receiver so I'm not too worried about the stock slipping off. Plus I had to pull hard to remove the stock so the fit is tight in the first place.

The final issue I have is the connectors. I'm unable to close the battery door with the stock large connectors. I'll be replacing the connectors with Dean's to save space. If that doesn't work, I'm going to remove the battery door and run with black tape.

I'll try to post some pics soon.

Thanks again for everyone's advice! :D