PDA

View Full Version : SIG 552 tech questions (General AEG to)

Fieroloki
03-21-2004, 05:55 PM
I just took apart my friends SIG 552 that he got used to get it working. Person before hand supposedly upgraded it all with Systema parts inside but when back together it didnt fire. So I got that fixed (Gears were not aligned)
It now works and cycles just fine, BUT doesnt seem to be enough to shoot the BB's. They will just kinda roll out of the barrel if im lucky. Whats somethings to look at? I was putting my finger on the black piece that protrudes from the mechbox that actually makes contact with the BB. no aire really and no preasure when trigger is pulled. Im thinking either piston lost seal or is bad OR spring wasnt upgraded.
Just wodnering whats next to look at?
Thank you for your time and knowledge.

cclark1985
03-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Is the piston going back and forth? If not, it could be missaligned in the mechbox.

Fieroloki
03-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Yes that part moves as it should.

skitelluride531
03-21-2004, 07:33 PM
If you have the gearbox open right now, a good way to check the piston is by doing the following:

1. Take the spring out of course.
2. Place your finger completly over the nozzle (the black thing that you were referring to in your first post).
3. Attempt to push your piston forward. If you can push it forward, something is wrong with your cylinder/piston assembly.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Fieroloki
03-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Ill check that once I get it back open. I wasnt ready to break it apart agian after last night. :) But I now know I can take apart a SIG after never holding one and made it work. Well, work betetr than it did so far. LOL!!!