PDA

View Full Version : M4 Barrel wobble

garygibson82
06-11-2003, 04:10 PM
My M4 has developed the classic 'barrel wobble', how do I get rid of this, and more importantly prevent it from ocurring in the future?

AustinWolv
06-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Cheap solution: Tighten your barrel nut as much as possible. Prior to doing that, wrap a layer of teflon tape around the upper receiver's threads.

Then, make sure all the screws in the barrel assembly are tightened. Use Loctite as well (make sure to get the stuff that's safe for plastic).

Somewhat expensive solution: Buy a metal body. Use Loctite on the barrel nut/upper receiver when installing. Make sure to tighten down all the screws in the barrel assembly, and use Loctite.

Expensive solution: Buy a metal body and a metal one-piece outer barrel. Use Loctite on the barrel nut.

For all of the above, periodically go back and make sure the screws are tight. Don't overtorque them as you can easily strip them.

Kyle
06-11-2003, 04:45 PM
great, cheap solution: The new M733 comando has a special barrel lock where the outer barrel meets the recevier inside the handguard. I do not have one, but my friend has an M733 and has no barrel wobble. This part can be applied to your M4. I would get it but I plan to go with the metal body. Here it is http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Category?menu1=8 its the second one from the top.

*edit* link broken... just use the menu.

Go to accesories (you should be there)
On the second drop down menu go to Metal bodies and related parts- AEG

AustinWolv
06-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Kyle, please expand on this. My SR16 has a barrel nut, as I'm sure that the other TM M16 series guns do as well. How is that barrel nut any different than what already comes with the TM guns, other than in cosmetic appearance?

Kyle
06-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Whoops, just a misunderstanding of terms on my part, sorry