PDA

View Full Version : Higher voltage battery

benc64
03-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Is it possible to just plug in a 9.6V battery into a stock gun, will that hurt the internals at all?

Obsidian
03-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Anytime you use a higher voltage battery it will cause the internals to spin faster..... thus reducing their lifespan.

One thing you guys need to realize with airsoft is your gun is GUARANTEED to break. Have fun while it works and be prepared to fix it when it doesnt.

AustinWolv
03-22-2004, 02:26 AM
benc, you can do it, but there is absolutely no reason to use a 9.6v battery in a stock AEG, other than to destroy parts more quickly. Stick with 8.4v for a stock AEG.

Mouse
03-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Obsidian
One thing you guys need to realize with airsoft is your gun is GUARANTEED to break. Have fun while it works and be prepared to fix it when it doesnt.

Wow, that is the most inteligent thing i have ever heard reguarding airsoft. :)

While we're on the topic of breaking AEGs, how long will a systema Full Tun up Kit protect a gun from internal damage? When i get around to upgrading my RPK (i hafta get it first), i plan to get a systema FTK and a 10.8v battery. How long do you think that it'll last before i shred the gears with that battery?

AustinWolv
03-22-2004, 05:19 PM
It is hard to predict, considering that any particular part could fail.

However, considering I basically had a similar setup in my M249, I can speak from experience that the internals lasted ~37k rounds before the rear of the piston was ripped off. This was with a 9.6v battery and a Guarder SP140 spring.