PDA

View Full Version : AK/RPK ver 3 Mechbox

chrisvalla
03-17-2004, 08:42 AM
Well, I finally found the problem with my RPK, but so far fixing it it another matter.

Looking at the mechbox from the top, there's a black plastic slide on the left side where the wires make contact with copper plates that in turn make contact with copper-colored pins when the selector switch is taken off of safe. On the AK, full-auto comes before semi-auto, so the slide is actually all the way back in semi-mode instead of full-auto. These pins are only making contact with the plates on the slide in semi-mode, not full, so it will only fire single shot.

I was wondering if the pins were bi-metal since it seems that if they have full contact, it only fires in semi-mode (or is there another mechanism that is engaged besides the pin contact?) or if I can insert some plastic behind the pins to keep them raised allowing full-contact in both full and semi modes? I was able to get it to fire in full-auto, but it wouldn't hold for more than 5 or 6 shots when the kick of the whole things slid the black slide off the pins.

Obsidian
03-17-2004, 09:06 AM
There is a little "gear" type part that hooks to the selector. It runs through the mechbox to this lever type system on the other side......If that is not setup correctly you full auto/semi auto will be all out of wack. It sounds like the teeth are not where they are suppose to be.