PDA

View Full Version : EG1000 Motor

skitelluride531
03-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the EG1000 motor. It seems that there are some screws stuck down in it and wanted to know if it was possible to open up the motor without completly ruining it. or, would it be better to just buy a whole new motor?

If I did buy a whole new motor, is it "safe" to use a Systema high-speed motor with a PDI 150% spring, and a FTK installed?

Thanks for any input you all might have!

Best regards, Connor

Rayzor
03-16-2004, 12:11 AM
From what I have heard, high speed gears = lots of maintenence after each use. I do believe they are for lower power springs, M100 probably being the max.

That's mostly all I remember from when I heard one of the Whiskey fellows talking about them.

Hopefully someone else will chime in who has first-hand experience with them. ;)

skitelluride531
03-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Rayzor
From what I have heard, high speed gears = lots of maintenence after each use. I do believe they are for lower power springs, M100 probably being the max.

That's mostly all I remember from when I heard one of the Whiskey fellows talking about them.

Hopefully someone else will chime in who has first-hand experience with them. ;)

Thanks for the input Rayzor, but I am referring to High Speed Motor's.

cclark1985
03-16-2004, 12:46 AM
What's with the over-usage of the word "chime" all the sudden?

Rayzor
03-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Eek! Sorry about that. I think that's a sign I should go to bed now. 7 hours of sleep for 2 nights in a row = bad.

Arsenic
03-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Rayzor
7 hours of sleep for 2 nights in a row = bad.

GOD I wish I could get that much sleep! Damn Navy! :mad:

As for the high speed motor...I am running one in my M16 with a PDI 170% and torque up gears and have had no problems from it. Its been in there for about 5 months and I love it.

coldblooded
03-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by skitelluride531
[B]Hey guys, I have a quick question about the EG1000 motor. It seems that there are some screws stuck down in it and wanted to know if it was possible to open up the motor without completly ruining it. or, would it be better to just buy a whole new motor?

It is possible to open the motor (I did exactly what you've done one, FFR, don't keep anything in a bag w/ your motor). You'll need to remove those little springs wrapped around the posts at the top (be careful, they'll fly). Then pull the brushes out of the housing (the brushes are the metal sticks with braided wire attached to them).
Now, the trick is bending the little tabs out on the metal can part of the motor that are holding the top on (top being where the brushes/springs came from). Take your time, and work the top off; BE CAREFUL when it comes off that you keep track of hte shims at each end of the armature (armature=the part of the motor that spins).
Now you should be able to use some needle nose pliers or a small screwdriver to extract the screw stuck between the armature and the can.
Reverse process to re-attach.

If I did buy a whole new motor, is it "safe" to use a Systema high-speed motor with a PDI 150% spring, and a FTK installed?

Go for a torque-up motor, you'll still get a higher ROF than the EG700/1000. It'll last longer pushing the M120. BEWARE the Systema motors...Barry warned me, and I didn't listen; the pinion gear will shatter and send pieces all over your mechbox, trashing gears, etc.

skitelluride531
03-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by coldblooded

Go for a torque-up motor, you'll still get a higher ROF than the EG700/1000. It'll last longer pushing the M120. BEWARE the Systema motors...Barry warned me, and I didn't listen; the pinion gear will shatter and send pieces all over your mechbox, trashing gears, etc.

Coldblooded, thanks for the info. That helped quite a bit. I think I might just buy a upgraded motor. You said that Systema motors pinion gear will eventually shatter; how many rounds approximetly, do you think it could hold till this did occur?

Thanks again for your help.

strathero47
03-18-2004, 11:00 AM
:confused: Beware the systema motors? What other companies out there make decent torque-up motors?

thejackal69
03-22-2004, 07:49 PM
As for the high speed motors: It says right in the Item description that they are for use in stock guns only and should not be used with FPS upgrades. Just thought you may want to know that. Also, in regards to the Pinion, Systema recently came out with a new motor with an extremely durable pinion (they claim it is of the best available alloy). However, I could not find any store that still had this in stock, so I purchased a super-torque up motor.

coldblooded
03-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Coldblooded, thanks for the info. That helped quite a bit. I think I might just buy a upgraded motor. You said that Systema motors pinion gear will eventually shatter; how many rounds approximetly, do you think it could hold till this did occur?

I had just rebuilt the mechbox with quite a few new parts, including the Systema motor. I was unable to play that weekend, but one of my teammates borrowed it and played a full day with it (est. 1500rds).
The next time I went to use it, I could hear something was funny. I blew it off, thinking it was just the way the new motor sounded. I only got through about three hicaps before it jammed up (chunks of pinion in the gears).
There is some likelihood that the motor had backed out or that the gears had settled in and the pinion was not in far enough. I have ordered another Systema pinion gear, and this time I plan to closely monitor the gun while things get settled. I'm hoping that with more cautious adjustment, this one will be ok.
Honestly, the ROF is pretty badass with the torqueup motor, and I'm willing to risk trying one more time to get that 'spray' back. :cool:

P.S. The Eagle motors are supposed to be good, but I can't vouch personally. I would probably stick with the Marui EG1000 if you're looking for a safe bet.

skitelluride531
03-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Alright, sounds good. Going to try out the System Torque up and hope for the best. :)