PDA

View Full Version : Repair/Upgrade Sniper

Energizer_e2
03-11-2004, 05:42 PM
I have a PSG-1 and when i bought it I also bought a 475fps upgrade with it. At the recent OP it was chronoing at 415fps. I'm pretty sure that the rifle chronoed this low because I accidently left the spring compacted over night once. I was wonder if the PSG-1 spring is easy to replace? Also i was wonder if I should replace it with a new type a spring like a systema, as of now it is using a Prometheus but i don't know what power? If you have any tips on how do upgrade it even higher that would be nice.

Thanks,
Energizer(patrick)

Obsidian
03-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Leaving a spring compressed for one night will not kill a spring. Leaving them compressed for months will not kill them. As to why it was chronoing low it could be that it just needs to be cleaned....What weight bbs were you using?

skitelluride531
03-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Another solution would be re-lubricating it. About 6 months ago, my gun was doing the same thing. It was shooting 230 when I chronoed it. I got it lubricated and it was then shooting 345.

Best of luck.

AustinWolv
03-12-2004, 12:33 AM
What weight bbs were you using? I would hope he was chrono'ing with .2's since he stated he was getting it checked at the op!

Energizer_e2
03-12-2004, 07:00 AM
I was using .2s to chrono at the OP. So I should just get silicon barrel lube and is there anything else that needs to be clean?

HammerHead
03-12-2004, 08:26 AM
I would hope he was chrono'ing with .2's since he stated he was getting it checked at the op!

Although it was a bit unpopular, I *did* make everyone run .2's through their AEGs at the chrono station.:p

Energizer: Yes, run some silicon through the barrel to remove any debris. You should also check the hop up to make sure there are no cracks or breaks in it.

skitelluride531
03-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Energizer_e2
I was using .2s to chrono at the OP. So I should just get silicon barrel lube and is there anything else that needs to be clean?

You also might want to open your mechbox and relube the piston, cylinder, and gears.

cclark1985
03-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by skitelluride531
You also might want to open your mechbox and relube the piston, cylinder, and gears.

That does nothing for fps. Rule of thumb: Don't open the mechbox unless something breaks insided.

You might try adding a touch of grease on the nozzle to make the seal in the hopup tighter.

mcoupe11
03-12-2004, 12:38 PM
"Insided?"

skitelluride531
03-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by cclark1985
That does nothing for fps. Rule of thumb: Don't open the mechbox unless something breaks insided.

You might try adding a touch of grease on the nozzle to make the seal in the hopup tighter.

About 6 months ago, my gun was shooting perfectly fine except it chronoed at 230. It was upgraded to 350. There were no other signs of it being broken. When I gave it to Agrovale, it turns out the piston had significant wear, and the some of the teeth on it were pretty much gone. So maybe it is a good idea to open up your mechbox on occasion to make sure everything is still intact.

coldblooded
03-12-2004, 01:34 PM
I usually try to go through mechboxes every few months. Highly worn parts, and more importantly, loose screws, can become a real problem. Loc-tite will help keep screws tight, but when you're working with a self-destroying mechanism like a mechbox, things will come loose. When things get loose, things break.
If you're looking for FPS, the prior recommendations are good. One other thing is to check your hopup, sometimes the bucking will get messed up, and slow down the BBs.

Agrovale
03-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by cclark1985

Lube in the cylinder and on the piston head will definitely affect FPS! Putting some lube on the nozzle would be the first thing I would try.