PDA

View Full Version : Easy Fuse Removal

Sam
03-05-2004, 07:52 PM
When i had my old gun (Aug) I had some problems with my fuse blowing out. Looking around my house I found some copper pipe that I had been messing around with trying to make an airsoft blowgun. I cut a piece off (about an inch or inch and a half) and took out my fuse, threw in the pipe, and incredibly it fit perfectly. This is an easy and effective home solution for fuse removal. To find the correct size just take a 6mm airsoft bb with you to the hardware store and find the correct size (the bb will fit PERFECTLY in the pipe). I'm not sure if this will decrease voltage or mah because of resistance but it seemed to work for me. Also try blowing a bb or two through the pipe, it hurts to get hit, i was surprised at the speed the bb's would travel. Anyways hopes this helps some of you with fuse problems and if this really does decrease power due to resistance please let me know.

Obsidian
03-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Shorting across the fuse is a bandaid. If the fuse is blowing there is something wrong with the gun. It would be better to fix the root problem than cheat the safety net provided by the fuse.

The only time I remove my fuses is when I need more space for a battery. Shorting it with that method would not gain you any space. Your method would work well for a temporary fix though :)

AustinWolv
03-06-2004, 12:44 AM
This relates perfectly to the same topic in our FAQ: http://www.austinairsoft.com/modules.php?s=&op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=10&categories=AEG+FAQ#38