PDA

View Full Version : Auto Loaders

Sam
03-04-2004, 09:22 PM
I was about to order an auto loader for my SR-16 because i will be using midcaps mostly. Then i realised i there are 2 brands. I remember a thread i read a long time ago that mentioned one is less reliable than the other. There is teh BIG model, and the Taiwan models. I am assuming the Big model is the higher quality and more reliable. Also my LBV has a mag seperator, would i need to remove it to fit one of these loaders because of their larger size?

cclark1985
03-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Using hicaps solves the problem of needing an auto loader. Sorry, but I can't answer your original question.

AustinWolv
03-04-2004, 11:53 PM
For starters, read here: http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2598

The Taiwan models are cheaper and basically suck. I've had 2-3 of them now, none of which I bought new. All were bought from people in the effort to scavenge parts and fix them. That was foolish of me, as they are just plain poorly made. I didn't want to spend the money to buy one of the Japanese models (BIG model, I believe), even though they are supposedly better, as I have read that people have had those break as well. I won't bother buying another one.

Instead, I recently picked up one of the pistol-mag manual loaders, made by TM. STAR recently released a copy of it. Haven't used it much, but it seems to work very well, and I was also able to load pistol mags with it. I have yet to see how it'll hold up under long-term use, but I'm pleased thus far.

If you do get an electric autoloader, you will need to cut one of the dividers out as it will take up the whole pouch.

mcoupe11
03-04-2004, 11:57 PM
1) Use the spell-check feature.

2) Cheap auto-loaders are a hit-and-miss proposition. I purchased a $25 auto-loader and it was irreparably broken within a day, whereas I've heard of other individuals who've experienced reliable performance from their auto-loaders. I might consider the more expensive models.

3) Consider a Marui pistol mag loader. I run 7 midcaps and find the TM loader invaluable.

skitelluride531
03-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Last year, I went to Japan. I happened to pick up one of the japanese autoloaders. It is still working great. I believe it costed me around 35 dollars. They are probably a little more expensive here though. If you have the money, I would recommend it.

scooter
03-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Dont get the Taiwanese one's!!! They blow real bad.

Invest the extra 20 buck's to get you one that will last!

and cclark, Hi caps are great and all..... I love them with my AK, but for anything else they rattle to much for me! Midcaps are the way to go!:cool: