PDA

View Full Version : TM Sig 552 S.W.A.T.

Mr.HaPpY
02-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Does anyone have any information on this gun?
Feel? I've never handled on and I was wondering if anyone has?

AustinWolv
02-28-2004, 10:22 PM
There is quite a bit of information out on this particular AEG. Use the search feature found in the upper righthand corner of your screen, plus run searches on other major Airsoft sites. You'll find all the info you need. :)

thejackal69
02-29-2004, 06:31 PM
I have one myself. Personally I think its a great gun. Very ergonomic, great ROF even when upgraded. However, unless you are willing to do alot of searching around, I would not recommend this gun for a beginner. The parts for m4's and sr16's are just so much easier to find. My gun is currently in the classifieds for trade for this exact reason. Good luck and welcome to airsoft.

benc64
03-14-2004, 10:17 PM
I also have one myself, although there are not many accessories for it, it does come with two rails. That's plenty of room to mount whatever you want. It has a good rate of fire and has an EG1000 along with a version 3 gearbox, both pluses. If you have any questions about it , I can answer all of them.

Dark
03-15-2004, 01:10 AM
I also have a 552. The gun is very solid and I think it is a decent beginner gun. Note that the short barrel length may prove a problem in stock form, as my groupings get pretty wide at the edge of my range. A silencer with a longer barrel is an easy fix for this. Also note that the high-caps only hold 220 rounds, so you will likely need more than one.

Mr.HaPpY
03-15-2004, 03:10 PM
I was thinking about using the Sig 552 for sniping. not very long range sniping but accurate shots at a mild distance in semi auto mode. Also when I am in a pickle, use it in full auto. I was looking into getting either the Sig 552 or the FN P90. I'm not a big fan of the M1/M1A4 and think that the AK is over done.

Can you get extra mags for 552's? also can you get mags for the P90?

220 round mags don't bother me. As long as thats not the only mag I have. :D

Dark
03-15-2004, 05:42 PM
If you are looking for accurate fire, you will want a longer barrel. Extra mags are readily available for both guns, but beware of P90 high caps. I and a few others I have spoken with have had problems with them. Mine wound down almost once a game for no particular reason, which is particularly frustrating since you must remove the magazine to re-wind it. A few of us also had a problem with a pin that holds down one of the main gears coming out and being lost. Without the pin, the magazine is all but useless unless you can find something to replace it with. Just my experiences, I'm sure others have different ones.

Mr.HaPpY
03-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Sig 552 is looking better by the minute. where can I get a silencer for the 552?

Obsidian
03-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Just about every Airsoft site in existance sells silencers. Just have to go and look.

benc64
03-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Dark
Mine wound down almost once a game for no particular reason, which is particularly frustrating since you must remove the magazine to re-wind it. A few of us also had a problem with a pin that holds down one of the main gears coming out and being lost. Without the pin, the magazine is all but useless unless you can find something to replace it with. Just my experiences, I'm sure others have different ones.
The exact thing happened to my P90 mags as well, very frustrating in the middle of a firefight to have that happen. Highly recommend the 552 over the P90, I have had both.