PDA

View Full Version : 03.14.04 Hunters

Jay
02-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Will you be coming?
How many people in your group?
What type of skirmishes would you like to play?

AustinWolv
02-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Nope.

skitelluride531
02-29-2004, 03:40 PM
More than likely.

B.C.D.
02-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I should be there.

BigLucky
03-01-2004, 01:33 PM
I should be there.

Mouse
03-07-2004, 09:28 PM
I will be there, and bringing 4 to 5 friends.

I haven't been to TXPB in a while, and i know you play close proximity/single shot only games there, but i would like to try one of those. I don't know how well it would work at Hunter's since the area is so large, but it may be worth a try. :D

DarkRiot
03-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Maybe, with a few friends. Lets see how I feel on Saturday.

cclark1985
03-08-2004, 11:22 PM
More than likely I'll be there to shoot some beeches.

Mouse
03-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Is there anybody that would be willing to bring a cronograph if they have one?

skitelluride531
03-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Will either Agrovale or Obisidian be there to sell bb's?

Jay
03-14-2004, 06:46 PM
AAR anyone?

BigLucky
03-14-2004, 07:00 PM
While personell was short we still had a lot of fun.

Played 5/4 until I left around 4, mainly move to contact. Had some good firefights, and a few people walking right into ambushes.

All in all, great fun was had by all from what I can tell.

skitelluride531
03-14-2004, 07:14 PM
I had a great time today.

cclark1985
03-14-2004, 10:13 PM
(yes, I know it's a tad long)
AAR:
Fog: Rev and Chris
Whiskey: Speer
Maelstrom: Connor and two others
Unaff.: BCD, BCD's friend, and Kurt

First skirmish:
Bluefor: Rev, Chris, Kurt, and Speer
Opfor: the others..

Simple move-to-contact with bluefor starting at L.A. and opfor starting in trees west of shack.
Speer and Kurt move along rock wall east while me and Rev head on top of the plateau area. As Rev and I hold for a minute while Rev trys to fix his gun, Connor creeps up over the edge of the gully at WP Boise and shoots a few rounds at us. This pushes me south and into the creek, and Rev was shot. Kurt was shot sometime around then as well.
This left me and speer against 5 opfor and we had the enemy directly between us. I decided to push east and bypass opfor and proceed to push north and then back west to link up with Speer. Opfor chased me and as I got to the rock wall east of opfor, I decided to change plans and turn around and shoot the kiddos. Bad choice. A quick little bugger flanked me further east and shot me.
Speer, only one left, got in a good defensive position by some part of the rock wall and successfully shot the rest of opfor for a win.

Second skirmish:
Same teams

Move to contact with bluefor starting at the corner of the fence east of the pond and opfor starting roughly east of WP Jackson.
We start out heading east along the fenceline and come into immediate contact just south in the area of WP Biloxi. We all were prone and had guns aimed east and north. Speer had to ditch us for some "personal maintenance" and I chose to get some practice at bounding under fire. We bounded east along the fenceline while laying nice fire at audibles of opfor. Kurt was out front on the bounds and he called hit (later to be decided on as a richochet from my gun) and this left Rev and I sitting right on the fence. I decided on falling back for better cover and had Rev cover east down the fenceline and I covered north and west.
Tengos continued to try and move around and flank us, but do to us being very dug in and concealed, it was a losing battle for them. I shot a few tengos coming in from the west (one being a nice single-shot, I might add)and Rev held his ground on the east. About this time, Speer entered back into the game and inserted in the NW tree line. I get shot while unloading about a highcap into this kid and I do believe there were some invisible branches or something, as no shots hit him. The tengo returned fire and I was shot. I'm not sureof the conclusion of this skirmish was. We all just sorta rallied where the green's respawn was at the OP.

Third Skirmish:
Same teams
Same game as three, sides flipped.

The plan was for me to jet into the woods, gather intel on which way the enemy was heading, and relay it back to bluefor. This was to give them a direction to point their ambush line. The ambush line was in the more open area east of WP Jackson.
The plan worked nicely in my opinion. Just I got into the trees I spotted 3 of the 5 opfor working their way north on the west tree line. Those tengos proceeded to push east along the tree line north of WP Jackson and ran into our ambush. Kevin goes down along with the 3 opfor.
While the ambush was happening, I was pushing south of the ambush stalking BCD and his friend. After I managed to get BCD’s friend, BCD flanked me as I was trying to flank him. I was talking on com’s when I was shot in the back several times.
Kurt and Speer continued hunting BCD in the thickets and bluefor finally managed to come out on top.

Forth Skirmish:
Same teams
Move to contact again with bluefor starting at WP Raleigh and opfor starting near WP Miami.

We pushed south in a hastily manor and came into contact near WP Daytona. Speer was near the east fence law crawling towards opfor. Rev, Kurt, and myself were meandering about in our somewhat covered positions. Earlier, I had spotted a couple opfor (BCD and his bud) pushing north towards WP Jackson and I decided I wanted to try and clear out that tree line. Once deciding this, I get up and starting making my way there, and immediately I was shot by BCD. Kurt returned fire and BCD hi-tailed it out of there. Apparently they had made their way up the treeline a little quicker than I thought they had.
Speer got shot when he got up from his low-crawl when told there weren’t anymore opfor in the area and Rev got shot somehow as well. After a little while, Kurt managed to take the win for bluefor.

Fifth Skirmish:
Bluefor: Speer, Rev, Chris, and BCD’s friend
Opfor: The 3 Maelstroms and BCD
Move to contact with bluefor starting at WP Chicago and opfor starting at WP NY. One respawn.

The plan was for Rev and I to push east along the north fence line while Speer and Kurt push east south of the rock wall.
Rev and I came into contact pretty quickly and Rev popped BCD. Stupid me, I left my radio on the opfor channel and managed to tell them we were pushing east along the fenceline.. WHOOPS! A quick change of plans sent us south and I had Rev watch the treeline to our six. I got shot stupidly while making a dash for cover I knew that I couldn’t reach.. Upon my respawn, I met back up with Rev who was still prone covering that treeline. We also had BCD’s friend with is as well. Speer was further south and east of use, prone. At this point, I caught a glimpse of BCD creeping along the north fence. I unloaded on his position and he took off running westbound along the fence. I followed. He continued west a ways then hooked back south and then turning east about 250yds north of the road. I continued to stalk him from his six and every time he stopped, I froze. Every time he moved, I ran. He preceded through the tall weeds just a tad north of the road and he came into contact with Speer. Speer, after seeing me a ways off, thought the movement in the corner of his eye was me. Wrong. BCD sent Speer off to WP Chicago for his respawn.
I continued my stalk of BCD and I began to get impatient. I began to move to quickly and as BCD turned to check his six, I was spotted not 130 feet from him. He once more hi-tailed it out of there.
Next, I said to myself, “Screw this stalking BCD bullshit, I’ll let him “stalk” me.” I walked slowly back west towards WP Chicago whilst knowing BCD was following me. Once I was certain he had lost visual of me (due to a brush pile) I planted myself behind a “perfect” tree. I say perfect in quotes due to the rather large cactus I laid in while waiting for BCD. Anyways, there I lay, waiting for BCD. I watched him do the whole take a few steps, squat, and then look around routine for a few minutes until he got just close enough for me to end his stalking of Chris.
After that, I radioed Speer for us to link back up. He was somewhere north of Chicago along the treeline, prone as always. While I was walking north to his location (and picking cactus outa my ass on the way, I might add) I spotted 2 tengos 200yds east of me heading east, and I decided to try and go shoot them in the back. While following them, I hear fire raining down on the 2 opfor from the WP NY direction and I was a tad confused to say the least. “Why would they be shooting at themselves,” I asked myself. “Oh well,” I decided, “Better them shooting at themselves than at me.” I continued the stalk.
In asking Speer if there were any bluefor left besides him and me, I hear a punch of PTT clicks on the radio. Apparently it was Rev that was raining the bb’s down on those 2 opfor. I decided to run quickly up on their 6 while they were shooting at Rev. In this careless act, I allowed my eyes only to scan for ground targets and I missed the opfor that was standing still like a tree.. Having the crap scared out of me, I pulled a BCD and jetted south to a brush pile. I peaked around the right side of the brush pile and got shot.
Shortly thereafter, Rev was shot also and the dead gathered at Chicago. Speer, being the last bluefor left nicely shot the remaining 2 opfor. Bluefor Wins.

Sixth Skirmish:
Same teams
A Quick skirmish where opfor defended the shack area.

Rev and Speer pushed west in north treeline west of WP Bismark while BCD’s friend and I push around southeast of the shack.
Rev and Speer came into contact with BCD in the treeline, and sent him running (again) back to the shack area. While waiting for Speer and Rev to make their move to the north, one opfor decided to come out of the shack area and push towards us. Bad move. I quickly ran north and got upwind of the tengo and shot him. A short time before that, BCD made his way off east down the road….
That left 2 opfor in the shack area, Connor and his bud. As their attention shifted to Rev and Speer as the made their charge from the north, I moved in for the 2 kills.
Upon taking the shack, we decided to hunt BCD down and found him in the woods north of the shack. Speer moved in for the kill. Bluefor wins.

End of transmission.

skitelluride531
03-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Nice AAR Chris. Oh any by the way, the two other Maelstrom were:

William aka "Mouse" (the other black Ak47)
Josh, I think he is "Blizzard" (the M16 VN)

Hope to see everyone out next week!

Mouse
03-14-2004, 11:19 PM
Nice AAR chris.

Too bad i'm only the "other guy" or "the kid protected by invisable branches" :p I promise you on my honor you did not hit me.

cclark1985
03-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Mouse
Nice AAR chris.

Too bad i'm only the "other guy" or "the kid protected by invisable branches" :p I promise you on my honor you did not hit me.

Yea I know. I wasn't meaning to imply you were cheating in my AAR.. It sure did end up sounding that way though. I was merely saying there was a branch or something I couldn't see that was preventing my bb's from reachin ya. No harm done.

RevSM
03-15-2004, 01:37 PM
I shot you immediately afterwards though Mouse. :) Good game yesterday everyone.

Jay
03-15-2004, 02:00 PM
<Jay relishes chance to play with Maelstrom and shoot up some young fog punks> :p

Wow. Sounds like y'all had lots of fun. I was at a baby shower. So, you guys win. How is the field? Is it greener? Is the surface flora growing high yet?

Mouse
03-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Actually Jay, i think the field did get greener since the last time i was there.

skitelluride531
03-15-2004, 08:42 PM
There was quite a bit of Texas Mountain Laurell (or however you spell it), which is very green.

vulcan52
03-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Josh, I think he is "Blizzard" (the M16 VN)

Josh, is " Vulcan52"...no hard feelings

skitelluride531
03-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Ahh, sorry bout that Josh.