PDA

View Full Version : 03.07.04 Txpb

Jay
02-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Will you be coming?
How many people in your group?
What type of skirmishes would you like to play?

Jay
02-28-2004, 09:09 PM
I am out of a gun; I'll probably not make this game. You guys have fun.

AustinWolv
02-28-2004, 09:21 PM
More than likely, I won't be there.

Bear
02-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Most likely I'll be busy with a woman. . .hopefully.:D

Brittain
02-29-2004, 12:46 PM
F.O.G. official day off. Won't be there.

cclark1985
02-29-2004, 12:58 PM
What Scott said.

skitelluride531
02-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Well, since it seems no one will be there, I won't be coming either.

B.C.D.
02-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Iím with Brittain on this one, you can always use a day off in my book. I know I do after all the moving and shaking that went on at OP:RD.:D

thejackal69
02-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Actually, I should be there. Is there any way i can borrow a few m16 hicaps? I'm tradin guns with obs that day and i'd like to try out my new a2 that i'll be gettin from him.

Bstann
02-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Will be in Vegas.

Mouse
02-29-2004, 07:56 PM
My gun requires some repair after the OP :D so unfortunately i will not be able to attend.

skitelluride531
02-29-2004, 08:24 PM
I guess I will come. It's during spring break so I really have nothing better to do.

BigLucky
02-29-2004, 09:56 PM
I think I will sit this one out. I well definately be at the next game at Hunters.

csmadhatter
02-29-2004, 10:54 PM
If i can get the refund from my RIP-OFF of a battery, i should be out there, i may also have 1-2 friends with me. So if anyone is worried, we should have enough people to kill all of ya'll. :)
J/K *whispers* dont hurt me

DarkRiot
03-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Due to an obvious dissapointing turnout, I'm doubtful.

Rayzor
03-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Due to me getting things mixed up ONCE AGAIN, I WILL be attending this weekend. I might have a friend with me. Turns out my spring break vacation is actually 2 weeks from now and not next weekend.

Mouse
03-02-2004, 06:33 PM
I am going out camping with some friends this weekend. I will not be attending.

Rayzor
03-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DarkRiot
Due to an obvious dissapointing turnout, I'm doubtful.

I think you would find that small turnouts can be extremely fun on the Texas Paintball fields. Especially now that we have the castle at our disposal.

Rayzor
03-06-2004, 04:13 PM
I will not be making it. My mom is being too much of a female dog, so to speak.

I will make it out the next Tx PB game. It will be the last day of my spring break.

Jay
03-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Who played?
What was it like?

skitelluride531
03-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Today was awesome. There was a total of nine people out.

2 Whiskey Co.
7 Unaffilated (six of which were the younger, less than 18yrs).

We mostly played on the smaller fields, but did go on to A field once. Everyone was calling their hits. Good weather. Overall, I had a great time.

thejackal69
03-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Actually, there was 3 whiskey and 6 younguns, but who's counting :D . Anyways, I had a great time out there. I don't want to give an entire AARP, but I'll give it for three games, so here goes:

Game one:
Whiskey vs. Younguns, Crackhouse Field:

I started out in the middle and worked my over to the right (we started van side, whiskey started cedar fort side). Whiskey seemed to like the idea of staying in the fort considering the number difference in the two forces. They had their position pretty well fortified. Connor (skiteulleride) was moving very well from position to position between some trees, a bunker, and the van, and eventually managed to get a bb through the fort and hit Speer right between the eyes. At this point I'm practically in the car, right on the driver's side door. I continue to lay down supressive fire because I only know the general direction of the whiskies. This continues for a long time, with me eventually moving to a bunker after moving to the van. I remain in this bunker for the rest of the game because it is very well covered and at this poin there is only one whisky left and I have no idea where he is. I hear my teammates taking fire on the far left, so I lean out of my cover to see the scource. I have a clean shot on the last enemy, although it is a bit far. I now basically sustain fire until it hits him/he calls himself out. Game Over.

Game 2: A skirmish at trenches while solotac and falcon are fixing falcon's gun (I think a gear stripped).

The teams are me, connor, and Speer vs. the four unaffiliated. I start left, connor in the middle, speer on the left. At "GAME ON!" I quickly dash for a good bit of cover on the far left with a small puddle next to it. I may have stepped in the mud and maybe even sitting in it but i didn't notice. Anywho, I look out and see a perfect shot on one of the unaffiliateds. Of course, he sees me too, but he has next to no cover relative to my position. I lean out to take the shot and hear a loud "CLunk!" I pop back into my cover, startled, and notice my mag is laying on the ground. I lean down to grab it and get shot. About thirty seconds later connor is hit, leaving only speer to defend himself against 4 unaffiliateds. They basically lay siege to his position, killing his mobility, and eventually take him out.

Game 3: Same teams as game 2 but we started out on the side that they did last time. I take middle, connor left, speer right. "Game on!" I run up to the easiest bunker and get pinned down by a guy on the far right, whom speer promptly eleminates. I then move up and see speer and another guy engaged in a firefight. Connor is somewhere over on the left at this point. I lean out, no one shoots at me, so I carefully guage the distance between me and speer's antagonist. I determine after a few semi-auto shots that he is out of normal range, so I put it on full auto, point my gun at about a 20 degree upward angle, and spray until i hit the guy in the side of the head.

Thats all I feel like typing right now in the way of AARP, but great games guys. Thanks to speer especially for shooting me right in the nose :D

skitelluride531
03-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by thejackal69
Actually, there was 3 whiskey and 6 younguns, but who's counting :D

Even though it doesn't matter, your wrong. Solotac is not on whiskey. ;)

skitelluride531
03-07-2004, 10:14 PM
After finishing the skirmishes that Jackal talked about, we headed to A-field. I don't have much to say about this, as I was the first out, and was elminated right before the action started.

After that was through, we headed back up to the smaller fields. We started a game on the field that has the bridge, and the fort (not sure the exact name). The teams were: Falcon, Speer, Solotac, and me versus Jackal, and 4 other unaffaliated. Falcon and I defended the right side, and I got in the fort. I believe Speer and Solotac were on the left under the bridge. Falcon and I concentrated on two guys who were behind bunkers, while Speer and Solotac concentrated on two of the other guys. Those 4 enemies were killed, leaving one. Everyone slowly began to rush. Speer, with his pistol drawn, ran in for the kill.

The next, and final skirmish of the day was similar to the one just described, except the sides were switched, and the teams were changed too. The teams were: Speer, Solotac, Falcon, and Jackal versus Me and the rest of the unaffialited. This time, Speer's squad started at the opposite end, where as my group started at the opposite end (behind the shack). At the beginning, two of us went up to the fort. Again, I went inside, which turned out to not work nearly as good as last time. The other three guys were spread out on the left. The enemies did a good job, and had one or two guys focusing on us in the fort, while the other two focusing on the rest of the group. I ended up being the last man standing on my team. I was stuck on the second level of the fort, with speer right on the outside of the fort, and Solotac slowly sneaking up on me (I had no idea he was coming). While I was trying to get some sort of shot off at Speer, Solo came out of nowhere and shot me in the shoulder.

Today was a great day of skirmishing, great weather as well! Hope to see you guys again next weekend.

cclark1985
03-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Yay for AARs. I like reading them.

thejackal69
03-07-2004, 10:28 PM
As do I chris, I wish people would post them more often.

cclark1985
03-07-2004, 11:03 PM
I used to post mine on here, until I was recruited by FOG. Now when I write one, I post it on our super top-secret forums. :)
Next time you directly address someone, please captialize! It's only courteous.

thejackal69
03-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Ha-ha sorry CHRIS. So is there some reason that yall like to keep your AARP's secret?

Jay
03-08-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by thejackal69
Ha-ha sorry CHRIS. So is there some reason that yall like to keep your AARP's secret?

AARP? Ok, that was an age joke. You just made the list.

:p

thejackal69
03-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Oh, sorry Jay, that was an honest mistake. I actually thought it was called an AARP, and until now I didn't realize the actual abbreviation was AAR.