PDA

View Full Version : How Do I.....?

Mr.HaPpY
02-21-2004, 08:44 PM
I was wondering how I or if I can paint airsoft guns? I am thinking about buying this gun:http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/KJ-G23-WL-L.jpg I was wondering if it can be painted black or real tree
camo? If so what kind of paint do I use to paint it

AustinWolv
02-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Spray paint cans will do you fine. Talk to Jay, as he's painted a few AEG's.

Agrovale
02-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Wow, you can make Glocks uglier! :(

Mack4
02-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Go to Wal-Mart. Go to the Spray Can section; troll the area until you find, "KRYLON, CAMOFLAGE PAINT SYSTEM." It is a black can with white lettering and a big red KRYLON on it. I would get, Black, Green, and Brown.
Okay so now you got your cans and your back home. Tape over the Trademarks on your gun (If you want to keep them) and spray the color(s) that you want your pattern to be. Let us say you want green leaves, you paint the whole thing green. Then you come back with your Main Color, which we will say is black. You lay your leaves (patterns) down on the gun and spray down your black paint over the gun and the leaves. Now, you will have a Black gun with green leaves.
I would practice on a sheet of paper first. Decide what type of patterns you like so on and so forth. Be creative, you can always re-paint the gun if you screw up!
If you need any more info, I am available on this forum, www.tylerairsoft.com or at Greatrizzuli@yahoo.com.
Good luck with your gun!
-Mack
BTW: Here is one of the guns I painted, http://austinairsoft.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=539&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Mr.HaPpY
02-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the tip! I just want to paint it black and maybe have a orange tip on it so I don't get arrested or shot for some reason.

my biggest fear it that the paint will come off. how can I avoid this?

Mr.HaPpY
02-22-2004, 08:34 PM
OH and LOL this gun is for sale for $63.00 on redwolf airsoft. I think its a kwa or a kaun-ju.

Mack4
02-22-2004, 09:11 PM
The KRYLON paint I use doesn't come off very easily, I have it on several rifles and only have had minor scratching.
-Mack

cclark1985
02-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Why don't you just buy a black one? And they come with orange tips already..

Mr.HaPpY
02-23-2004, 11:40 AM
This version is $63.00 the black one is $100.00. spray paint is like
$2.00. I'd much rather spend $63.00 and then paint it for an extra $2.00. That way I get the same gun for $65.00. So I have to do a little work but oh well. plus shipping will only be like an extra $5.00. So all in all, $70.00 for a good gun is better than what I paid for my KWC Glock which was $65.00 plus shipping
and my Glock 17 doesn't even have a locking slide. Also you can field strip this model. Making it even better than the gun I already have. Not to mention I can upgrade it later with a metal slide.

Dark
02-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Shipping will be higher than $5.00 from Hong Kong. I believe for pistols it is generally closer to $20 or $30.

mcoupe11
02-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I doubt the $37 price difference is due to the color scheme. If one product is significantly cheaper than a comparable substitute, then you have to ask yourself why that might be. Color scheme seems an unlikely explanation.

Rule of thumb: You get what you pay for.

cclark1985
02-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Exactly what Mcoupe said.

Mr.HaPpY
02-25-2004, 02:58 PM
well I see it as the color is really weird and I don't think any adult who plays airsoft would buy one of these. So I think the price is cheaper due to the color scheme. I went to my local army surplus store to check out what the have for airsoft. I've been there before and the know quite a bit cause the guy who owns it plays airsoft at the local paintball field. So I looked around an saw that they had some kjw's on the shelf and I asked to look at a few of them. I found that the standard m92 beretta model of kjw's is more expensive than the woodland camo m92. So I ask the man behind the counter why that one was more expensive that the other? He told me it's because the woodland camo looks more like a toy than the standard black finish. Due to this no one has purchased any of the odd color schemed airsoft guns they have.
I don't what to buy from this place cause they are way over priced! they wanted $180 for the standard model of the m92 and only $130 for the woodland camo m92. Also they came with no spare mags. I think I'll order the woodland or desert camo glock 23 for $80 and save some cash on the deal. a little paint can go along way. :D