PDA

View Full Version : snipers

tastytoadstool
02-08-2004, 09:58 PM
wow um is there actually any room for snipers at your skirmishis (<-- bad spellur)? im just wondering if i roll up sometime in may with an aps 2 am i just gonna get my bum swatted? or am i gonna be able to stay hidden and squeeze off a couple of hits.

Obsidian
02-08-2004, 10:30 PM
If I could figure out what the hell you said I would respond. As it is I find your post a tad insulting given there is a spellcheck button right next to the Post button. Considering the amount of time I spent putting it there one would think you would use the damn thing.

cclark1985
02-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Kill him.

farmcoot
02-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Grammar Bots Attack and Destroy...:D

mcoupe11
02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
TTS,

Your post is incomprehensible. Perhaps if you wrote in English, the rest of us would understand and be able to respond in a helpful manner.

Obsidian
02-09-2004, 08:59 AM
This is more about not being able to understand what he is trying to say without translating. I have no problem with people not dotting all the I's and crossing the T's. Spelling is not that big of issue to me either. This post is just plain insulting. You have to type like that on purpose....that was not an accident. That is what I take issue with. I refuse to let this place degerate into some of the other airsoft boards that I go to. Some of the other ones look like someones cat walked across the keyboard...thats not going to happen here.

bobbythebee
02-09-2004, 03:51 PM
I hardly notice the "stupid speak" anymore. I'm subjected to reading it so often that I've become numb to it, and can read it as quickly as I can 1337 or plain old comprehensible text (Yeah I know, nobody uses that outdated old crap anymore :rolleyes: ).

This is a message board, not a chatroom. Your posts are not going to get lost in a flurry of spam if you don't type nine-hundred words per minute. Take your time and use your brain. That's what it's there for.

AustinWolv
02-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Ok, the point has been made. Enough.

tasty, you'll find some info on sniper opinions and usage models scattered throughout these forums. Feel free to come out anytime and give it a whirl.

Mack4
02-09-2004, 04:17 PM
I think your going to have to specify what field you will be playing at. My understanding of the matter is that there is more than one airsoft field in these guys "territory." Anyplace where you can set back 100 feet or more, you can snipe from, of course unless you have some good camo or excellent cover these fine gentlemen will probably "bum swatt" you after your first couple of shots. Sniping in airsoft= time+ lots and lots of money+ patience and of course as my dad puts it, "Hours of complete boredom punctuated by seconds of sheer terror." But, as we all know Airsoft is a game, no one dies, (yet...) so just do whatever turns you on, within the rules of course. ;) Anyways, that is my two cents worth.
-Mack

tastytoadstool
02-09-2004, 10:08 PM
ty

tastytoadstool
02-09-2004, 10:12 PM
oh and just for the record, some of us younger people dont give a flying monkey **** about spelling

AustinWolv
02-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by tastytoadstool
oh and just for the record, some of us younger people dont give a flying monkey **** about spelling

And just for the record, we don't have a problem deleting accounts. The next smartass, immature comment you make or rule you break, you can kiss your account goodbye.

There are rules on this forum, and if you cannot abide by them, then you are free to stop visiting.

Obsidian
02-09-2004, 10:44 PM
See that is the problem with todays kids......No respect for anything other than their own narrow sighted views on life. Do you realize that I spend 500 to 1000$ a year to provide you with a free spot on the web to type that unintelligible crap that you posted. If I could have figured out your post I would have been more than willing to help. I love sniper rifles and I can talk about them for hours. As it is I spent about 30 seconds trying to figure out the first sentence and figured that since you did not care enough about your post there was no reason for me to care about your post. Looking at your other post proves that you can spell and write an intelligent sentence. You dont have to act like a jackass and do all your damn AOL Speek to be cool on here. Airsoft is about Maturity, Integrity, and Honor......not about showing up trying to wow everyone with your pomp and flash....the same goes for the forums. You want respect, try helping other people out or contribute to the community. Hinder the community and you will not be around long enough to cause a problem.

The Admins are here to keep things orderly....No one else has to worry about trying to keep people in line.

Mack is a shining example of what I like to see..... he is always stepping forward to offer advice and contribute...take a lesson from him and your stay will be much more enjoyable.

tastytoadstool
02-10-2004, 09:33 PM
yes the ty was for obsidian mack and wolv yall are helpfull. as for the rest... whatever... im usually respectful of others except when i get a response like that. sorry bout the grammar ill try to get that straught heh

mcoupe11
02-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Grammar is just part of the equation. It comes down to this: nobody knows anything about you except through what you write in your posts. The impression that people have of you can be based on nothing else. If your posts are hard to understand and sloppily constructed, it reflects poorly on you. It says you don't care, and if you don't care, then why should anyone else?

Use the spell-checker. Proofread your posts. Don't use unnecessary chatroom abbreviations; write out complete words. Capitalize the words that need to be capitalized. The effort will pay off, in respect and in helpful information.

tastytoadstool
02-10-2004, 09:47 PM
sorry but I just use the quick reply. Ill take a look next time. Its just that I dont appreciate people wanting me to die. thank you anyway.

cclark1985
02-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Heh, I was just joshin ya bud.

AustinWolv
02-10-2004, 10:42 PM
As I mentioned earlier, enough. Either this topic turns to sniper role discussion or it gets locked. The next post will determine that.

Dragon
02-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Lock it...

Or

For all I care, delete it.