PDA

View Full Version : Unit/Team Patches

Dragon
01-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Several people have asked me and several people have asked the general populace on where to get custom patches made.

I did 3 weeks of research on various things and places and this is the best place I've found.

http://www.usapatch.com

They don't charge you if the order is wrong or if you don't like the way they turned out.

I've made 4 orders with them in the last 2 years and they have never done me wrong.

NOTE: You MUST be patient. Custom patches take 4 to 6 weeks to produce and believe me that's the same for every manufacturer I've talked to.

These guys are Local. (To Texas.)
They have always been friendly and very helpful.
Prices may not be the cheapest you could find but they are comparable to other places I've found.

I highly recommend them.

sneakypete
10-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone, I was on here when it was Austin Airsoft, but have moved a couple of times. I am currently in South Korea now and hoping to get back to Texas in 2 years. There are some places here that can make patches pretty quick (within a week) and cheap (generally not more than $5 a patch) which we do for our unit. So what I am saying is that if you get some ideas together I can see what I can work from my end and shipping shouldnt be too outrageous.
-Dan

Bear
10-14-2005, 08:07 PM
sneakypete,

Thanks for the heads up. Stay healthy over there.

Obsidian
10-14-2005, 11:29 PM
What do you mean use to be :) it still is. There are lots of domains that will bring you here.

boombaby
05-03-2006, 12:10 PM
I just tryed to follow the link that Dragon posted and it brought me to a website not used for making patches. Is this a problem on my end or is there a problem with the link?

---Boom

AustinWolv
05-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Looks like their domain ran out.

spade
05-03-2006, 11:14 PM
I'll ask MeanGreen7 to post the web-based company we used to make our Hidden Sword patches. She really good and the pricing ain't half bad either.

Cheers

AustinWolv
05-03-2006, 11:39 PM
CamoTech?
http://camotech.com/sew/index.htm

boombaby
05-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks. That one worked out all right. Looks like she will get the job done.

--Boom

spade
05-04-2006, 10:15 AM
That's the one! Thanks Wolv, Mr. resourceful.

Dark Paladin
05-04-2006, 11:02 AM
How was the wait time? When I ordered mine in January it took her 3 months to get patches to me.

red112
05-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Only took me about 3 weeks.

MeanGreen7
05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah you should see our patch on their website http://www.camotech.com/sew/custom.htm :D
Ours only took 2 weeks. If you getthem without velcro you will get them a lot quicker, she does not have
anyone to do velcro so it takes her forever. Plus she is also filling orders from Iraq, Brittain, all kinds of units
all over the world. She just got an offer from a movie producer for some patches and they offered her to have
credits at the end of the movie for advertisments and she said..."man I do not need any advertising, I only spend
$150 a year on advertising with my website and I am 8 weeks to catch up on". No velcro and you will get it sooner.

:D

Lancer525
06-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Interesting thread...

While I was in college, I used to work for a company that made patches and decals and things like that, and I have a fair amount of experience in designing patches for embroidery. Now the technology for translating those designs is way beyond what I can do on my PC at home, but I can still produce a good GIF image of a patch design that will work and can be embroidered.

I also have designed and will have soon for sale, patches for Airsofters that are in the same configuration and size as the Ranger or Airborne tabs. I'm waiting on them to be sewn, and then I'll have a page up where people can buy them.

If anyone is interested in working with me on helping you design your team patch, feel free to contact me and I will help you all I can. If you want me to see to getting them actually made for you, then I can offer my services as a hired consultant for design and getting them made fairly cheaply, and in reasonable quantities. The only catch for that is that they are not sewn, they are dye-sublimated, and look really crisp and sharp.

Drop me a line and I will give you more info.

Thanks!

Lancer525
07-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the Ranger-style Airsoft Tabs we were all discussing are now available.

You can see what they look like, and place an order here:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/3692106/airsoft.htm

Thanks!

PraiseAllahWithAK
07-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Cool, i've been looking for a patch design for my people. Thanks for the link,

nine72
01-22-2007, 11:08 PM
I know that this may not be a "great patch" idea, but it does work and is inexpensive.

Go to your local BSA (Boy Scouts of America) shop they have "blank" unit patches about a 2.5" dia. coin.
Next pick up some Iron On Transfer paper from the office supply
Print
Iron on to the patch.

This method will let you use ANY image that you can find from the net or create in paint, photoshop, fireworks etc.

They hold up quite well to washings and done right with some care they done peel of.

This also works great for direct applicaiton to your BDU's etc. just print and iron on,

Again is cheap way to do it, but it is very flexable as to what you can create.

Carry on

Lancer525
01-27-2007, 10:24 PM
I know that this may not be a "great patch" idea, but it does work and is inexpensive.

Go to your local BSA (Boy Scouts of America) shop they have "blank" unit patches about a 2.5" dia. coin. Next pick up some Iron On Transfer paper from the office supply
Print Iron on to the patch.

Eventually, this method will wear off from repeated washings, and it can fade a lot, depending on how much its worn. I think I have something better to offer.

I'm the guy that did the Ranger-style Airsoft Tabs
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/lancer525/Airsoft/tabs.jpg
and now I have the ability to make custom team patches for groups or individuals.

My work can be seen at the bottom of this page:http://mywebpages.comcast.net/3692106/patchdes.htm

So feel free to send me an email, and I will be happy to talk to you about patches. I can do any background, from marpat to multicam, and hundreds of colors with resolution so good you could almost do photographs. And these patches will not fade, wear, pull, pick, or fall apart. They are totally colorfast, and completely washable.

I'm not a business/retailer. In fact, I work at a museum. I just do this to finance my Airsoft Addiction. So if you're interested, please let me know.

BlackHorse432
05-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Lancer,
I don't know if it's a broken link or what, but I get "Page Not Found Error 404" when I try accessing your site.

Thanks

otang
05-21-2008, 08:18 PM
BlackHorse,
http://www.customteampatch.com/
Nice Sig ;)

cclark1985
05-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I am curious as to why FOG's patch is under the "never produced" gallery...

shakman
05-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Mostly because I found a better price at http://www.usapatch.com and they do actual embroidered patches. Lancer uses a process called "ink impression" and that's not quite the look I wanted. There's probably nothing wrong with it, but the consensus was that an embroidered patch was wanted.

Lancer525
05-22-2008, 08:20 PM
I am curious as to why FOG's patch is under the "never produced" gallery...

Because they never paid the patch invoice I sent them.

I read in a later post where they claim to have found a "better price" but if you have to pay a cheaper per-patch-price for 50-100 patches, is it really a better deal when you have 40-90 patches left over? I might be a little more expensive per-patch, but you can order as many or as few as you want.

I'm curious to know why they wrote a post that slights me, when I fell over backwards to help them, with 6 redrafts of their patch image. I wonder if they used my artwork to send to the other company...

Bear
05-22-2008, 08:34 PM
First, we preferred an embroidered patch to something ink impressed. Second, I (yes I since I am the one with whom you dealt) never committed to anything. I simply wished to look into all possibilities.

Do not make this more than it really is.

=Scorch=
06-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Do we need specific LSA patches?

AustinWolv
06-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Do we need specific LSA patches?

No....