PDA

View Full Version : Is this gun Good

Thrawn
01-27-2004, 06:27 PM
I found an article for an sr-16 and wanted to see if this is a good gun or not. Here are the specs...

Solid Stock
CA Metal Body and carry handle
M130
Metal Gears
Guarder Tappet Plate
G3 TN inner barrel
CA silencer (to hide the extended G3 barrel)
one-piece CA outer barrel(no barrel wobble at all)
4x BSA Scope
Scope Mount and rings (so you can use the scope directly on the carry handle)
CA Harris Bipod
PEQ-2 Laserbox (the one that came with the stock TM gun)
Fuse has been removed and gun is rewired to take the battery in the stock (will fit up to a 9.6v 3000mah)

AustinWolv
01-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Found an article, or found a sale ad? Are you asking if that is a good deal or not? Sounds like you have a lot of research and learning to do before getting into buying used AEG's.

http://www.austinairsoft.com/modules.php?s=&op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=10&categories=AEG+FAQ#38

Overall, we can't tell you if it is a good deal without knowing the asking price.

Additionally, you need to ask the person how many rounds have been through those parts and also ensure that metal bushings were installed. You probably need to ask what other internals were replaced in that mechbox and how many rounds the mechbox has seen. Lastly, ask for pictures and cosmetic condition of the gun.

SnipeDefender
01-28-2004, 09:58 PM
personally I don't think that buying used guns is smart, enless you are fully capable of repairing any "unexpected damages or problems."

Obsidian
01-28-2004, 11:33 PM
whats the difference between buying a new gun that was assembled by someone who gets paid in a year what the AEG costs....and buying it from someone who has used the gun and could be selling it because they have a wall full of them or something.

There is nothign wrong with buying used guns. In general they are all crap and you will have to know how to maintain them yourself if you want to be in the hobby.

cclark1985
01-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Exellent summary, Obs.

Agrovale
01-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a good gun. I just have two comments.

1: Metal gears - all AEGs have metal gears, since stock gears are metal. I have never seen plastic (or other) gears - ever!

2: It is not easy to make a Marui mechbox work properly in a CA metal body. The two big issues are improper feeding of BBs from the mag, and improper function of the selector switch. I would specifically ask about these problems.

Mack4
01-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey Agro a little off topic, but I love your avatar! Sam, I say go for it, I mean heck it has some cool stuff on there and if it doesn't work out turn around and sell it.
-Mack