PDA

View Full Version : Spring in my sr-16 problem

ryanmoret
01-22-2004, 08:41 PM
ok heres the dealio

i can fire off some orunds then my spring jams. the white thing inside the gearbox is stuck in the rear position. I'm not sure what i can do to fix it. could someone help me.

mcoupe11
01-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Your post is incoherent. It doesn't even qualify as English. If you're not going to put in the time to provide a full and well-written description of your problem, why should anyone put in the time to help you?

AustinWolv
01-22-2004, 11:27 PM
ryan, didn't you post this in your other SR16 thread? What is the need to create another thread of the same topic?

The white thing is called the piston. It is getting stuck in the rear piston because the gears are not turning far enough to release the piston. This position is where the greatest force occurs since the spring is compressed. The reason it is getting stuck in the rear position could be something as simple as your battery not being fully charged or all the way to an improper shimming job on the gears, which causes too much friction. The motor cannot overcome the additional force of the friction, so it cannot turn the gears.

ryanmoret
01-26-2004, 12:03 AM
sorry bout not knowing the part names. I am fairly new to airsoft.
what can i do to make the shimming job on the gears cause less friction if the problem is not my batterys

AustinWolv
01-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Shim your gears correctly. ;)

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/features/articles/shimming/

I personally don't think that article is written very clearly, but give credit for the guy at least taking the time to do it.

Agrovale
01-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Is it a Systema or PDI spring? Which one (ie M120 or PDI170)?

Are the piston head and spring guide stock or upgraded? If they are upgraded do they both have bearings?

Are they stock gears? If they are you can go to airsoftplayers.com and look at the manuals to see how the shims are supposed to go.

What voltage and mAh is your battery? Are you sure it's getting fully charged?

What did you do to the gun right before it stopped working? Or has it always done this?