PDA

View Full Version : Shh...

Mack4
01-20-2004, 05:40 PM
I have a TM M-16 a2. I am trying to get it as quiet as possible. So far I have: Purchased a KM light weight silencer and packed the foregrip with foam. This reduces to noise to a thud instead of the usual Thwack. Now I am trying to find other places to stick foam. The stock? Maybe the spaces around my gearbox? Any suggestions? Experiences?
-Mack

AustinWolv
01-20-2004, 05:44 PM
In the future, use appropriately titled thread topics. "Shhh..." does not qualify.

You could always look into a silent piston head set.

Regardless of what you do, you will never silence the weapon because of the violent action in the mechbox. One of the best things you can do is to use semi-auto fire discipline, as that makes it more difficult for people to pinpoint the sound.

Dragon
01-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Put the entier weapon in a pelican case stuffed full of foam and rig the trigger up so that you can use it while holding the pelican case handle.

(Like a briefcase MP5)

Mack4
01-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Aww come on wolv I thought it was coolâ║ Guess I thought wrong... Anywho while the pelican case sounds sweet I think I will pass. I like this idea of a Silent piston set, I need to look into that. Well thanks for the suggestions. I had an idea just now, I got some better silencer stuff for that KM Lightweight might try that in there.
-Mack

cclark1985
01-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Mack, I have tried everything you've stated in your post. I have the 245mm silencer, foam arround the gearbox, stuffed the buffer tube .(I think that's what it's called)full of foam, and I have purchased the silent piston head set. I have come to the conclusion that the foam doesn't do a thing, the silent piston head does, and the silencer does as well. I have thus removed the foam because of it's pointlessness.

Lesson learned: M4 varients just aren't as quiet as other AEGS. An MP5SD, a P90, or an AUG can achieve far better results in getting them to be hush-hush.

Mack4
01-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks dude, where did you buy your silent piston head?
-Mack

Mack4
01-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey guys more on the silencer thing. I noticed a couple of M-4, M-16 variants that had a SD setup, much like the Mp5 SDs. Is there any way I could get that kind of setup for my M-16 A2? Is there anyway I could do this without a kit of some kind. Is there a kit that would allow me to do this? Thanks so much.
-Mack

Obsidian
01-24-2004, 07:42 PM
My p90 is the most quiet AEG I have heard to date. That is due to the mechbox sitting in the stock of the gun and my arm and body muffling the noise. It also has a foot and a half of silencer on the front with a barrel running through it. Silencers in airsoft are fairly useless because most of the noise does not come from supersonic gas escaping the barrel.

Polaris
05-13-2004, 05:29 PM
hey mack redwolf has em(the piston heads) for 18 bucks, i was gunna get em but had no more mula :( anyways, heres the link.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Category?menu1=8

this link will cover the sd converson kit and the piston heads.hope i helped

Katana
05-13-2004, 09:47 PM
I've just recently broken my 2nd silent cylinder head. As a result, I'm all done with silent piston piston and cylinder heads. They're just too thin where the air-nozzle is machined out of them, and they keep breaking right there at the cylinder head face.

They're too expensive to keep replacing, and they just don't have enough of an effect to warrant it. Based upon my personal experience with them, consider this a warning for people to stay away from them.

Newbie17
04-05-2006, 05:20 PM
So this silencer acually Functions? Where can I get one?

R3DJE
04-07-2006, 04:35 AM
For the people intrested in the cilent pistonhead read this smal review:

http://www.airsoftmechanics.com/reviews.php?aid=17

I'm going to try out the prometheus pom pistonhead.

It also make a great diference if you have a aluminium piston or a Polycarbonate as also the piston head, This should make a diference because of the wieght pounding on your cilenderhead also choose a cylenderhead with a desent rubber ore foam ring on it where the pitsonhead impact's like:

the systema one's
http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=2551

the prometheus ore guarder (din't have good expiriance with the guarder cilenderhead)

redje out