PDA

View Full Version : Scope Brands?

Mouse
05-27-2003, 11:58 PM
I am looking at red dot scopes (as some of you know from various posts.:) ) and i have found two different scopes from two different brands that interest me.

The brands are Barska, and BSA.

I obviously dont' know much about Optics ETC, so if y'all could be so kind as to give advice on which brand is better. I know with scopes...and pretty much every item you buy there is always a "cheap" brand or a brand "not to get." I guess i am looking to see if any of those two are the brand "not to get."

If the choice depends on personal preferance, i'll understand that as well, just let me know.:)

If you need links to the Red dot scopes i am looking at. Just post and i'll put 'em up.

Thanks,
William

Bear
05-28-2003, 01:21 AM
I have a BSA Red Dot for my M4. Very good for the price, just $30 at Academy, with 11 different brightness settings. A great sight that I love to use.

AustinWolv
05-28-2003, 04:42 AM
Never heard of Barska. Links?

BSA is a commonly-seen reddot sight in Airsoft and has a good reputation of being very capable for our application. I have one on my G3A3, and it's a good, solid, yet inexpensive product.

Dragon
05-28-2003, 05:54 PM
Do you want a red dot "scope" or a red dot sight?

Scopes magnify what your looking at and sights don't normally.

Mouse
05-28-2003, 05:59 PM
There is the link to the Barska sight .:)

http://www.thehuntersmall.com/bar30reddots1.html

AustinWolv
05-28-2003, 06:11 PM
Hmm, looks to have the same features, etc. as a BSA. Not sure of the quality of it compared to a BSA or vice versa. Sorry, no experience with Barska.

Mouse
05-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Yea i am looking for a sight. My bad, i actually didn't know they made red dot SCOPES.... i thought by referring to red dot scope people would know what i was talking about.