PDA

View Full Version : Fastec Progear Mechbox

Mack4
12-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Anyone here have any experience with these things? I need to get one installed and some "custom" things done to it. It has a m140, and it is brand spanking new. So Obs, Austinwolv any of you Mecbox wizards up there give me a jingle, and we can work something out.
-Mack

AustinWolv
12-29-2003, 03:22 PM
What info are you looking for? I'm assuming it is one of the prebuilts?

I have a Progear mechbox shell that I used to replace a busted stock mechbox shell.

Mack4
12-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Yah it is, i has helical gears and so forth very stout. I originally got it to convert my m-16 a2 into a sniper rifle. But the first one (do to a unknown event with the technician i had working on it) completely melted the wring and jacked up the gears. There was a 30 day warranty on it so I called that in and now I am looking to put a m120 in there, hopefully the m120 in a m140 rated gearbox will last me longer than my other guns. I would do it myself (I have done so before) but I don't want to run the risk of jacking up my expensive gearbox and inners. I have already been through enough gearbox problems. So do you think someone up there can work on it? I would be very appreciative and would pay the technician of course.
-Mack

AustinWolv
12-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Mack, melted the wires? Who took the fuse out? I wouldn't advise ever doing that, unless there just isn't any space in the weapon.

I'm sure someone could work on it for you. PM Obsidian, as he's the regular guy. He'll take good care of you. If he can't, then some of us others can probably help.

Mack4
12-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Honestly I don't know the company I had sending the gun to me was also doing the installation of the gearbox. I got it and it was running badly so I opened her up and saw all this tape on my wires, so I took the tape off and my wires fell apart. I always try to keep a fuse in my guns, I have had a gun saved by the fuse. The gun got to me without a fuse.
-Mack

AustinWolv
12-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Yes, a fuse is good. Just another example of why we advise people it is good to learn the basics of gun repair. No biggie, at least you didn't shred everything.