PDA

View Full Version : Horay for Multicam!

Shokk
08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Thought the Multicam lovers might like this.

http://kitup.military.com/2010/08/ramping-up-multicam-production.html?wh=wh

otang
08-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Funny that Crye isn't even mentioned, but I'm sure they are sitting pretty with all the royalties checks coming in.

Mir
08-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Funny that Crye isn't even mentioned, but I'm sure they are sitting pretty with all the royalties checks coming in.

Yea that seems shady.
I also laugh at how they are working overtime. Likely to fill the contract in time, but I KNOW that stuff is just going to sit in a warehouse for months before troops get it.

txtrench
08-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Yes probably it will set in a where house for a little while. You don’t issue it out in little drabs, it needs to go out to entire brigades. About 24,000 sets per brigade is about right. So the stockpile needs to be about 35,000 sets before it can even start to be issued due to sizes and needing some replacements to be kept on hand. It’s just a supply thing.

Originally Posted by otang
I dont know about that, multi cam was produced useing the US Military,

VIA wikipedia
MultiCam is a modern multi-environment camouflage pattern developed by Crye Associates in conjunction with U.S. Army Soldier Systems Center (also known as U.S Army Natick labs).

So multi cam was a joint venture with the military. I bet the contract said something like for the civilian side you get the royalties and for military use not. Its standard for Natick to do that. It is kind of like the Jeep, Bantam invented it, got the first contract but the military took the contract and gave it to Willis and Ford in order to make more. Bantam didnt get the contract or the royalties and went bankrupt. Same with the M-16, Hummer, etc....

Lets be happy we can make it here, the British army is having China make there new uniform.

Ghost SD
08-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Wow, I didn't know the Brits are having their uniforms made in China... that's... well it's interesting to say the least.

And that's pretty messed up that we screwed over the guys who helped develop Jeeps, M-16s, Hummers, and now (maybe) Multicam.

txtrench
08-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Read the story about the Jeep, its a long and twisted tale Willis, Willis Overland, Ford, Hodgkis, Land Rover all had a hand in taking from Bantim.