PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got An M4A1....A Few Questions....

Bambi
12-28-2003, 01:48 AM
I just got my TM M4A1 a few days back. I was going to order from generation but decided at the last minute to use a place called airsoftgi. While the selection is small, and the fact that my item had to be backordered, Mr. Chang, the owner, was very helpful. Anyway, Red Wolf Airsoft has advertised that there TM M4A1 has a removable flash hider that reveals a threaded barrel. However, my flash hider won't budge and I'm stuck with a silencer that I can't attach :( so any help there would be appreciated. Also, I would like to upgrade my weapon in a few months or so but I don't just want to go shipping my gun out to anyone and trusting that they'll return it. Any suggestions or recomendations of people that perform this kind of work for a good price? Lastly, what do I need to install a Classic Army M24 Bipod to an M4. Thanks and happy holidays to everyone!

mcoupe11
12-28-2003, 02:03 AM
Look for a small grub screw on the underside of your flash-hider. You will need a small metric Allen key for it. It must be loosened to allow the flash-hider to be screwed on or off. If your M4 is made by Tokyo Marui, the barrel will be negatively threaded; you will have to twist to the right to remove the flash-hider.

Obsidian is the man to talk to about upgrades. Remember to ask politely. :)

SnipeDefender
12-28-2003, 02:18 AM
Well, two weeks ago... I had my gun upgraded to 400 fps. Now i was warry about shipping it off to someone I had never met, and that (if they had wished) kept my gun and never returned it, but i did anyway.LOL I shipped my gun to AustinWolv. He doens normally do them, but he has had knee surgery so he had some extra time on his hands and said he could do it. He did a WONDERFUL JOB! he had the gun back to me in less than a week. He was also reassembling a friens gun and fixing another gun. He did all this and got the all shooting perfectly! So I am one to say, dont worry they will do a good job. Plus if they steal your gun (not that they would), their reputation will be ruined, In the airsoft world.

Bambi
12-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Well, here's something interesting. While looking for a small metric allen key, I came across a spider about the size of a half dollar. So, what do you think I did, I needed to test out my new gun anyway. So, I switched the "safety" to "auto" and released about half the mag on him. Needless to say, he was shreaded very quickly. And I never did find the allen key that I was looking for. Oh well, to Lowes then?

Milkman
12-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by SnipeDefender
Well, two weeks ago... I had my gun upgraded to 400 fps. Now i was warry about shipping it off to someone I had never met, and that (if they had wished) kept my gun and never returned it, but i did anyway.LOL I shipped my gun to AustinWolv. He doens normally do them, but he has had knee surgery so he had some extra time on his hands and said he could do it. He did a WONDERFUL JOB! he had the gun back to me in less than a week. He was also reassembling a friens gun and fixing another gun. He did all this and got the all shooting perfectly! So I am one to say, dont worry they will do a good job. Plus if they steal your gun (not that they would), their reputation will be ruined, In the airsoft world.

Ahhhhh, reminds me the of the time I blew apart a scorpion with my friend's spring pistol.

Good times :)

AustinWolv
12-29-2003, 04:21 PM
Keep the topic related to the thread title. Shooting innocent animals is not part of the thread topic.

Dragon
12-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Yes, Wolv said "animals" and you shot up a spider. So what, stick to the thread.

AustinWolv
12-29-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Dragon
Yes, Wolv said "animals" and you shot up a spider. So what, stick to the thread.

I'm guessing a reply is missing in there? Shame, I would have loved to see it. :)

http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/Science/Animals/Animals.htm

Milkman
12-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Hey, I only did it in self defense! :p

Dragon
12-30-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by AustinWolv
I'm guessing a reply is missing in there? Shame, I would have loved to see it. :)

http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/Science/Animals/Animals.htm

Nope, just jumping on it before it went that route.