PDA

View Full Version : Don't be Fred

Nukedoc
05-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Hit shruggers are not appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdmAUUCaVI

DontFearDaReaper
05-02-2010, 05:58 PM
We had a small turnout today at TxPB but everyone who showed up was an experienced and honorable player so hit shrugging was non-existant. Even though we were only doing 3 or 4 players per side, they were some of the most fun airsoft games I've played in a while. Lest you think it was just a bunch of old grognards, 2 of the 6 were youngsters (one teenager and one was probably a pre-teen). Also I got owned a couple of games including a game at the crackhouse where my pistol went dry and my rifle went down and I surrendered to Mike before he got a chance to knife-kill me and one were I was at the bunker and leaned against it and the part of the bunker collapsed causing me to yell out something that rhymed with hit but I really shouldn't have said, :o . My opponent thought I yelled hit and didn't light me up while I was splayed across the ground half-out of the remnants of the bunker. Happily the game ended a few seconds later so it didn't really matter. Point is, when everyone plays the game right, it is a ton of fun, even when there are only a few players involved in the game.

Dave

Mir
05-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Nice.

jeremywills
05-02-2010, 08:12 PM
:( on the hit shrugger caught on tape. Wonder if Fred is really his name?

Dave, we too had a light turnout obviously because of the Invasion (should have gone oh well) here at La Vernia.

However it was nice because there were no issues and I actually went an entire day and the only time I dropped an F bomb was when I was stupid and walked right into an ambush ;) It was nice to actually have zero doubt for a change thinking "Didn't I clearly just hit that guy?"

Very refreshing indeed.

DontFearDaReaper
05-02-2010, 09:12 PM
.... It was nice to actually have zero doubt for a change thinking "Didn't I clearly just hit that guy?"
Very refreshing indeed.

Absolutely, going back to the epic fight ( or clusterf*** depending on your point of view) At one point Mike was out in the open and I was in the crackhouse He was too close to use his sniper rifle so he was reduced to firing his pistol at me. My pistol was dry so I pulled up my rifle and started firing at Mike. He didn't call any hits and I was sure he would if I hit him so there must be something wrong with my gun. I looked my rifle and sure enough, the mag had dropped out and I was dry firing at him. When he saw me pull back into the house when I had him dead to rights, he figured out I was having a problem and rushed me. He had me dead to rights when he came up to the crackhouse so I called myself out. That fight might have gone down a lot differently if we couldn't trust each other to call hits and respect engagement distances.

I hope this Fred person has the decency to be embarrassed about that video. Everybody gets hit during the course of playing multiple sessions, everybody. There's no shame in it, its part of the game. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I got hit a lot more than I scored hits today and still had a blast.

Dave

HammerHead
05-03-2010, 10:26 AM
We had a small turnout today at TxPB but everyone who showed up was an experienced and honorable player so hit shrugging was non-existant. Even though we were only doing 3 or 4 players per side, they were some of the most fun airsoft games I've played in a while. Lest you think it was just a bunch of old grognards, 2 of the 6 were youngsters (one teenager and one was probably a pre-teen). Also I got owned a couple of games including a game at the crackhouse where my pistol went dry and my rifle went down and I surrendered to Mike before he got a chance to knife-kill me and one were I was at the bunker and leaned against it and the part of the bunker collapsed causing me to yell out something that rhymed with hit but I really shouldn't have said, :o . My opponent thought I yelled hit and didn't light me up while I was splayed across the ground half-out of the remnants of the bunker. Happily the game ended a few seconds later so it didn't really matter. Point is, when everyone plays the game right, it is a ton of fun, even when there are only a few players involved in the game.
Dave

Never discount a small turnout :) Some of the best fun and greatest adrenaline rushes I've had at the field were days when only 4-6 people showed up. One Easter Sunday, years ago, 4 WC and 2 ODG players spent the day going 3 vs. 3 at Hunter's and had a blast. I'll never forget slipping around a tree, looking up a slight rise right into the muzzle of BStann's new M60. There's no gurantee of a lot of trigger time, but the stories afterward are just as good. Glad you guys had a good & safe time.

Grimace
05-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah we did have a lot of fun. (and no fireworks go figure?)
Watching Dave fall out the bunker was pretty funny, even If I would have known he was still in play I probably wouldn't have shot. It would have been all head, shoulders, and upper back. Painful.:doh:

iLL-1
05-03-2010, 03:19 PM
i agree HH. I'd much rather run with 6 people who play with honor than 60 who play like asshats.

Ware Rabbit
05-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Deff had some good fun on Sunday. Thanks to those of you who made it out. Great sportsmanship and good times.

See you there next week.