PDA

View Full Version : Sunproject M40A1

cleanshot
04-03-2010, 09:47 AM
First of all this is not one of those "is this gun any good" threads. I am having trouble sourcing mags for my Sunproject M40A1 (or M40 as some will call it). It is not an M40A1 XB but the older model. I have searched on the internet, done goggle searches till my eyes hurt, and searched several forums and came across very little to nothing. I have seen reference to people using APS mags in theirs but I have not seen one person say what brand of APS mags. I was also told that UTG L96 mags work in the gun as well but I honestly don't think they will. I do know that CA M24 mags will not work in the gun because I have 2 of them and neither one will feed at all. I think the problem with them lies in the fact that they are double stack mags and the nozzle can not pick up the bb properly and just pushes it back down into the mag instead of into the chamber. I know that there are some people out there that have some experience with the Sunproject M40 and will know this question so if you could please help me out that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Smog
04-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I have seen reference to people using APS mags in theirs but I have not seen one person say what brand of APS mags.

If people are using APS mags, then that should mean Maruzen

If I find any, I will let you know.
It's spring correct and not upgraded to gas?

cleanshot
04-07-2010, 09:41 PM
It dosent matter. I have both a spring and gas bolt for it. The mags for it are the same no matter which one you use because the gas is actually held in the bolt not the mag. I have also ran across people saying that they used APS-2 mags but like before no some says what brand so I am at a loss with this one.