PDA

View Full Version : Tacticalized

Mack4
12-20-2003, 02:58 AM
Hey, so I finally got the M-16 A2 in! I have a short illuminted 3x40 scope for it made by ncstar, and a sling. I need more tacticalness! What in your opinion will give me a very tactical rifle? Please remember this is a marksman rifle/sniper rifle and post accordingly. Basically I need some ides on how to make this gun the sweetest and sexiest M-16 on the field!
-Mack
BTW: Real steel parts are cool as well, as long as I can mate 'em to my gun...

AustinWolv
12-20-2003, 12:15 PM
Bipod, that's it.

A marksmen's rifle wouldn't have much else on it. No lasers, flashlights, etc.

Mack4
12-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Yah, I was looking at those plastic mold injected Versa-pods those look pretty sweet and they won't screw up the balance of my gun and make it hard to tote. The a2 has a fixed carrying handle so I was thinking about a strap-on cheekpiece to get my face comfortably up on level with my scope. Have ya'll seen any of those? I know Blackhawgear has one but I'd like to weigh my options.
-Mack

bobbythebee
12-20-2003, 02:55 PM
I used a small 4x20 scope attached to my M16, without a cheek rest. I could look through the scope without too much discomfort, and I could still use the iron sights.

I used the iron sights for actually aiming and shooting. The scope was basically a monocular attached to my rifle; I couldn't get the scope to zero worth a crap. That system worked pretty well for me, and later, when I used a bigger 3-9x40 (or x50, I forget) scope on my AK, I did the same thing.

I really need to start playing airsoft again. (I can already hear the good players groaning... :o)