PDA

View Full Version : Maruzen Type 96 Help

Afrocow
01-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a new member to this fourm so I want to first say Hi!
Anyway, I own a Maruzen Type 96 with the following upgrades:

PDI 170% spring
Laylax Zero Trigger
PDI Palsonite Cylinder Set (VC version)
PDI 6.01 495mm barrel
PDI Hop up Unit
Prometheus Hard Type bucking

Here's the problem, whenever I pull the bolt back, the magazine slips out a little and the cylinder head gets the bb jammed somewhere inside. I then have to pull it out and let the bb fall out of the receiver. It's such a pain, someone told me it's an error in PDI's making on the hop up unit and to unscrew the outer barrel about 5 times. Well this makes the body warp and I'm afraid it will eventually snap and the magazine gets stuck inside and I have to get a screw driver and pry it out! Someone please help, other people seem to be using their upgraded L96s just fine, did I get a bad egg?

dman3lax4
01-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Welcome to the site. Please follow rule #18.

AustinWolv
01-12-2010, 10:54 AM
dman, thanks for assistance with the site rules. Dial it back a bit as that post was reasonable. No, technically, it was not perfect, but a definite attempt was made for spelling and grammar. It is the posts that are clearly lacking that we enforce.

NastyNate
01-12-2010, 12:01 PM
AfroCow have you checked out the sniper rifle section on airsoftforum.com? There's a lot of good info on there, as well as, airsoftretreat.com.

dman3lax4
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
dman, thanks for assistance with the site rules. Dial it back a bit as that post was reasonable. No, technically, it was not perfect, but a definite attempt was made for spelling and grammar. It is the posts that are clearly lacking that we enforce.
Haha ,Awolv I am a personal friend of Afrocow, and I am just giving him a hard time. I would obviously normally never correct someone on one typo. Sorry for the confusion though

Afrocow
01-17-2010, 01:44 AM
AfroCow have you checked out the sniper rifle section on airsoftforum.com? There's a lot of good info on there, as well as, airsoftretreat.com.

There site is under construction and has been ever since you told me the website. I twisted the outer barrel and got the mag stuck in there but the cylinder head just does not want to push that bb out of the mag!

NastyNate
01-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah it's been doing that to me every now and then as well. Are the Maruzen mags the same as the UTG ones?

Afrocow
01-18-2010, 12:45 AM
No, they are not. I own both the UTG and Maruzen L96 and they are different.

Afrocow
02-07-2010, 10:48 PM
So I've had enough stress trying to fix my gun. I've spent about $1000 dollars on this and I haven't had any luck :( I was wondering if anyone would fix it for me. The mag is loose, the hop up is not adjusted right I don't think, and the Zero Trigger gets stuck sometimes. I bought an extra PDI hop unit, bucking, and tightbore by accident so if anyone could fix this for me that would be hot. I have a UTG L96 as well if you need to strip some parts off of that as well.

NastyNate
02-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Afrocow where are you located?

Afrocow
02-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I live in the Westlake area.

NastyNate
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, that's too bad. I was gonna offer to help.
I think you should start pulling off the aftermarket parts one at time, reassemble the gun, and try it out. Keep doing this until you find the most likely culprit. Obviously, start with the hop up unit since that's where you think the problem may be.

Afrocow
02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Every part is aftermarket except the frame, outer barrel, and receiver :o

If anyone would be so kind to help me fix this, that would be lovely.