PDA

View Full Version : Another addition to Scout sniping

l96sniperdude
01-06-2010, 11:32 PM
When most people think of sniping they think of shooter. They got the big sniper rifles and cool ghillie suits, and cool gear. But what many people dont know is that most of your time is really recon and getting into the location of where you want to go as descretly as possible. When a perfect shot comes into view dont always say yippe kye yeh and shoot wait a few seconds to make sure no other players are behind.
If the target does present its self to be a free bee take the shot. Now if he is followed call it in to the rest of the team the movement of the pack and try to wait for one or two to break off and shoot. A good sniper keeps tabs on the range of his gun, the rate of fire it can produce and where the targets are moving and keep your team informed.
People blindly think having a spoter or some one at your back is a good idea well sorry to change your out look but they give away your postion too easy. That is why you have radios to call in back up. When moving while laying down trying to move its not a crawl its more of draging your body forward with your arms. Do not buy a pancho ghillie suit unless you know what its used for. But I suggest if you are buying one modify it like me. What you do is cut down the front end of the suit like a jacket and sew it onto a millitary grade camo long selve shirt and cut two large strips off the front end of the suit to refraim from snaging bushes, shrubs, and grass. But you want to make it big enough for a small BDU to fit through for you to grab mags tools leathermans, and your side arm. Also cut a stip down your legs of the ghillie suit and sew to a millitary green camo pants to refraim from snagging on under brush. ONE BIG TIP NOTHING SHINES AND ALL WAYS STAY PATIENT AND QUIET.

otang
01-08-2010, 07:49 PM
No offense, but this looks like this is meant for 10 year olds.

Some of the active members you see on this forum are early 20's, but most are in in their 30's or even older and know a thing or two about general tactics and some general sniping tactics. I will let Laphta chime in here since he is an ex scout sniper in the military. He would tell you how invaluable having a spotter is, for instance.

Chief
01-08-2010, 08:08 PM
No offense, but this looks like this is meant for 10 year olds.

x2, how old are you?

l96sniperdude
01-09-2010, 06:27 PM
It was made for 10 year olds.....I hate to see 10 year old snipers cuase they dont know what to do.

NastyNate
01-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Not to be a jerk, but what makes you so much better qualified?

Grimace
01-09-2010, 11:20 PM
I've seen a whole lot of snipers in this hobby. Its something that should definitely be left to veteran players.

HammerHead
01-09-2010, 11:29 PM
The original author's point has been made. Further attempts to contribute to this thread will obviously lead to a discussion which is not productive. Locked.