PDA

View Full Version : Ghillie

l96sniperdude
01-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I have a quick question to inquire about my ghillie. Iam currently doing modifications to my ghillie suit to a lighter color becuase in txpb and temple there is a lighter colored plants. So should i use spray paint or some other substance to change the color. Its not a big modfication its just some parts of the ghillie suit are a little to dark for this area. Thank you if you can help. Also count me in this weekend at temple and txpb

LaPHtA
01-06-2010, 07:56 PM
What is your base foliage made from? Synthetic? Burlap?

Usually you can overcome a base that's too heavy dark/light by adding a good amount of local garnish.

I'll be happy to go into detail if you like.

txtrench
01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
What is your suit made from?
If its plastic I can give you some filler sat.
If its burlap go to Hancockís and get some burlap, itís cheap.
Thanks
Dave

l96sniperdude
01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Its a burlap ghillie suit. Its a poncho kind and im making it more for crawling the modications I will make for it.
If you could tell me the steps that would be great.

NastyNate
01-07-2010, 01:28 AM
I've made about 3 ghillie suits to date and can share my thoughts. I would seriously consider stripping the darkest color you have and then go from there. I will say that I'm not a fan of black in ghillie suits or even camo for that matter. It silhouettes really badly. If you have black in there replace it with some gray or something closer to the local colors. I really like gray because it's a neutral color so it blends in with everything.
Adding naturl vegetation is a must whenever you get to where you'll be playing. A ghillie suite will help brack up your outline but man does local vegetation really seal the deal.