PDA

View Full Version : Excelent Knee Pads!

Skab
11-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Hello everyone,
I recently came across a unique pair of tactical knee pads in my local surplus store (Austin, TX)
I had not ever seen any like them till now, the brand is 'Alta'.
They have an amazingly comfortable Knee and Elbow pad, the actual product name is the 'Alta Tactical Superflex Alta-Lok Knee Pad.
The way these work:
They have a tapered triangular ring that acts as the buckle, all you do is slide it over the small metal 'T' post and it will lock into place. For one, there is NO VELCRO, they are fully adjustable, all you need to do once you have it buckled is pull the strap to tighten. Once you have it to your liking, It is easily removed by use of the quick locking strap.
Very cool. (you can have the pads on and off in about 5 seconds, and they will stay adjusted to your preference.)
I have a pair of these for Airsoft, and for when i remodel houses.
Did i mention that they are consisted of 4 durable layers of protection?
From inner to outer:
a layer of memory foam,
impact resistant foam,
rip-stop cordura outer,
and finally a molded rubber non skid cap.
I very highly suggest these, as they are some of the most reliable on the market, next to Blackhawk of course.
The other awesome thing is that they come in all colors of camo to match your loadout:
Desert
ACU
Black
Coyote Tan
Multicam
OD - On a note the OD ones are a rarity.
and Woodland
And same goes with the matching elbow pads, in all colors and same construction.
Heres the link:
http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/servlet/Categories?$catalog.Start=1&$catalog.Total=28&category=all&keyword=Alta&searchpath=3644362
Enjoy!:AR15:

AustinWolv
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks for sharing. These are well-known.

They work for some people, but they've not stayed in place for me. Ditched them long ago in favor of USGI Bijan kneepads which were later replaced with Protec kneepads which have been stellar.

Skab
11-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Protecs huh? Aren't those skateboarding pads?

AustinWolv
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Protecs huh? Aren't those skateboarding pads?
Yes, and they are fantastic. They have an hard outer shell with massive padding behind.
Available in 'army green': http://www.xsportsprotective.com/ptparkknee.html

Skab
11-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Wow, great website.
I had some pads like that, but they were a little movment restricting.
I like the alta's because they are really lightweight and very mobile.

I found some really sweet tactical helmets on that site as well.

Skab
11-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh, and would you know where to get face protection? I'm thinking something like a half mask or balaclava.
Any suggestions?

whiterabbit05
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM
If you want 100% (against BBs atleast) full face and eye protection, get a paintball mask.

jeremywills
11-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I believe JT paintball products makes an airsoft specific mask. Cost about 20 dollars. Found at Walmart, Academy etc... might be worth taking a look if you haven't yet.

Smitty
12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
The Alta Superflex kneepads work great for me.
If you are having trouble keeping them up, cross them in an X behind your knee.

As far as face protection goes, I use an Under Armour Heat Gear Hoody. Its thin and light. Doesn't have too much protection, but it will keep BB's out of your mouth (which is what I was concerned with).
http://www.lapolicegear.com/unarhegetaho.html