PDA

View Full Version : Goggle Requirements

ToadKiller
11-06-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm getting my airsoft rig soon, and I was wondering about the goggles. Do all the goggles on AirsoftGI carry the ANSI rating required to play airsoft? I'm hoping I won't have to order them, but if I do, I'm hesitant to buy. Thanks.

Mir
11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Make sure they are ANSI Z87.1

ToadKiller
11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Problem is that airsoftgi.com doesn't list that. I wouldn't think that they would sell non-certified goggles, but I don't want to risk 20$ on that. Nor do I want to order from a separate retailer, and pay extra for shipping.

Lolzoz
11-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Pretty much every full sealing goggle that ASGI has should be ANSI rated. I just picked up my pair of Arena FlakJaks and shot it with my scar and there was not a mark.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5430

Just set yourself up with antifog and these (or something similar) and you should be good to go. In my experience ASGI has been 100% trustworthy, and if you want to be totally positive, give them a call. Their customer service is some of the best in the business.

By the way, I didn't put up the link for the FlakJaks because the $20 ones are out of stock. If they were in stock, I would highly recommend them, as they are truly great.

Mir
11-07-2009, 12:00 AM
but I don't want to risk 20$ on that.

Your eyes are worth more then 20$...... eye protection is the one thing you shouldn't skimp on. It comes first.

Cannon Fodder
11-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Simply email them or give them a call sometime and ask. That would be your best bet in finding out.

otang
11-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Yea, nevermind the eyesight, save the $20.
Seriously, better to be safe than sorry, especially your eyesight. Never assume anything regarding retailers.

ToadKiller
11-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I should have worded that differently. I didn't want to buy a pair of goggles, find out they're not ANSI rated, and buy another. But I'm gonna buy some FlakJaks and be done with it.

jeremywills
11-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Arena and ESS goggles are good to go. The G&Ps someone posted do not bear the Z87 mark on the lenses. Unfortunately retailers will sell just about anything and its up to the end user to do thier homework. Good for you for asking first, completely feel your frustration about the lack of information on some of this stuff. MIR and Otang are absolutely correct, eye protection along with a good hydration system are the two pieces of airsoft gear you shouldn't skimp on. They are more important than anything else.

Best of luck with your purchase.