PDA

View Full Version : DTP metal body

Kyle
05-24-2003, 10:33 PM
I am saving up for a DTP SR-15 metal reciever w/ the systema metal hop-up. I have two questions:

1. The first question is about its name; DTP. I have read several times (once directly stating, twice indirectly) that this stands for Den Trinity Product. Why then would other retailers such as WGC, airsoft shop, and others sell this same product? Espeacially, why would they sell it cheaper than Den?!

2. I forgot:confused: Whoops:p I have sat here staring at the screen trying to remember for about 5 minutes but its not coming back to me. Oh well, I'll think of it again soon.

Kyle
05-24-2003, 10:39 PM
SECONDS LATER I REMEMBER!

2. I realise that you, like with many metal bodies, lose the one touch takedown feature. If I am not mistaken this is only because of the Systema metal hop-up. I have never had my stock, plastic hop-up misfeed and I was wondering if I have to use the metal hop-up or if the stock hop-up will fit. If so will this allow me to have the one touch take down feature?

AustinWolv
05-27-2003, 03:47 PM
In the future, you can use the "edit" feature to go back and add to your post, instead of creating a new one.

As for the DTP body:

1. Don't know. :confused:

2. I doubt you can use the plastic TM hop-up since the TM version screws into the plastic body at specific locations. Unless DTP added those, which I hightly doubt, that means you need to use the metal hop-up, which they include. Thus, the DTP body is not quick takedown capable.

The other reason that it is not quick takedown capable is because the metal tabs are not flexible enough (without breaking at least) to fit over the mechbox. Thus, the upper and lower receiver have to slide together for assembly/disassembly.

Be aware that I have not owned a DTP body, but am speaking of experience with other metal bodies. It is my understanding that only the Zeke and CA metal bodies have quick takedown capability.

For your reference: http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=4

Obsidian
05-27-2003, 04:42 PM
DTP is dentrinity products. They produce and sell alot of items. They sell to other retailers because there is a market. The other retailers can compete on price with them and yes it is possible to find it cheaper else where because they buy bulk.

Generally the metal bodies come with a metal hopup assembly. There is no way to use the plastic hopup assembly due to the way the metal body is designed.

As far as the takedown... The mechbox fits into the upper reciever and then the lower goes on. You gain rigidity and strength which the plastic bodies lack. If you want quick takedown go get an AUG or a P90 because there is no such thing on an Armalite. You will have to dismantle the entire gun to get the mechbox out. However you have to do the same thing with the plastic body just in a different order.

AustinWolv
05-27-2003, 06:11 PM
The only real advantage of the quick takedown is the ability to get to the hopup/barrel assembly quickly, either to implement fixes or to swap out barrel lengths.

Kyle
05-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Yep, just as I thought, oh well, thanks for the help.

One more thing: Obsidian about how much would the shipping cost if I used the WGC group order. And when will the next one be? (you can PM me about this if neccesary.)

Obsidian
05-27-2003, 06:33 PM
shipping would be 5 bucks....We will not do another order till this one comes in.