PDA

View Full Version : Reenactment of the Russian Front, Summer 1942

HammerHead
10-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Those of you who are interested in reenacting and the Russian Front in particular may find this very interesting.

Sergeant Igor Dobroff recently joined the Operation Lion Claws Military Simulation Series of events as event VIP. He participated in Operation Bulldog III, last year, as the commander of the Russian Airborne Detachment and will reprise that role again this weekend at Bulldog IV. Those who attended, last year, can attest to his spirit, attitude, friendliness and sneakiness - the story of his escape during Saturday's night evolution will forever be one of the greatest and funniest stories I've encountered in this hobby of ours.

This evening he contacted me to share these photos (http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/ATcommander/?start=0) he took, last weekend, at a reenactment of the Russian Front, set during the summer of 1942. Some of the equipment to which they had access is amazing, it sure looks like they had an excellent time as well.

Enjoy.

jeremywills
10-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks.

Yea, that guy is something else. He clearly engaged me at like 8 ft last year and just smiled this big ol grin at me. I was surprised first off he was right there in the thick of it with us, he definately wanted to up close action I guess. Anyone else I would have probably maybe said something but when its Igor, you wear those welts proudly.

This is the first time I've actually said anything about it. I wish to not make an issue of it. I wasn't mad then or now. I don't think he did intentionally, he just reacted to a unfriendly contact.

Thanks again for sharing the pics.

I hope Mr Igor continues to be an invited guest to the LC events. Some of the stories he was telling us last year were very entertaining.

DontFearDaReaper
10-08-2009, 07:42 AM
You gotta give those re-enactors full marks for enthusiasm and dedication. Those armored car replica's and that German Pzkw III are impressive and certainly cost more than a few sheckles. Not to mention the anti-tank guns and light machine guns.

Dave

Texas223
10-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow thats really sweet! Where did you get the pics?

HammerHead
10-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow thats really sweet! Where did you get the pics?

Please make an effort to read for comprehension. I explained the photographs in my original post.