PDA

View Full Version : Uzi magazine options..

Trench_raider
08-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey all.
As many of you know by now, I decided on my Uzi being my new CQB gun of choice. It's served me well so far and I love it! :love:
But I have a problem. The only tac vest I have on hand at the moment is my Soviet engineer vest that is designed for AK mags. I have found that the tiny Uzi mags not only are completely lost in the large AK cells, but have a tendency to drop out of the drain holes in the bottom of said cells. So now I'm looking for another option to carry Uzi mags.

For the CQB sessions I have no specific historical load-out in mind (aside from the generic SWAT team look I've been adopting in that enviorment) so anything will work.

The obvious first choice of course is to get a real steel Uzi belt pouch or any of the many pouches designed for MP5 mags. That is an option, but I'm actually more interested in a vest designed for SMG mags.

I have looked at the MOLLE stuff as the idea of a modular set up has alot of apeal. The inexpensive EOtec vests look like they might be worth a look. But I'm honestly not sure if any of the ones on the market will fit my fat a--. I suppose i can email or call one of the retailers that carry the vests and see what chest measurments they will fit.

Does anyone have any sugestions or thoughts on the subject?

TR

Caliban
08-20-2009, 09:59 PM
What are the dimensions of the mags? I'm not familiar w/ the Uzi ones.

www.thevestguy.com has a lot of smg gear.

Trench_raider
08-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Uzi mags are very small...not much bigger than pistol mags actually. I just measured one and it's 1 1/2" by
6". Even an MP5 pouch will be too big...but they are closest thing I can think of.

TR

AustinWolv
08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Flashbang pouches? Could probably fit two per pouch.

HammerHead
08-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Normally I'd refer you to LSA's resident kit maker, but he's still on leave of absence ;) Instead, may I suggest you consider Do It Yourself Tactical Gear (http://www.diytac.com), if you cannot find something which pleases you? Should you be unable to find a ready-made solution someone there might be willing to stitch together a pouch or two, for you, that will work. Regardless, good luck!

jeremywills
08-21-2009, 03:05 PM
http://tac-force.com/sotsmgtacticalvest.aspx

Don't know how much you want to spend but this isn't all that expensive and looks like it could work. Best of luck. You might try posting your question on an UZI specific forum like Uzi Talk. That would probably get you some really good leads.

Cheers
J

Caliban
08-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I've seen some MagLite pouches that seem about that size.

Trench_raider
08-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. There is certainly some food for thought.
One vest/chest rig I'm looking at is this one:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_172&products_id=2048

Also, upon reflection these Uzi mags are so small that they might actually fit in a pistol mag pouch. The dimensions look like they might fit. if that's the case, two three cell MOLLE pistol pouches might make a good primary load out, with plenty of room left over for a pistol holster and dump/utility pouch.

TR