PDA

View Full Version : One point bungee sling.

voicesofthedead
07-19-2009, 03:24 PM
What is everyones thoughts on a one point bungee sling, for a G36 Rifle. They are economic friendly, and I am thinking about getting one for my gun, so I dont have to lug it around the entire day. Anyone ever tried one before? Hated it? Loved it? Useless? Best buy in the world? Any comments are greatly apprieciated.

Bear
07-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Single points are my go-to slings. Pros: Easy on/off, able to use one sling for all my long guns as long as they each have a buckle attachment, transitions to weak side are quicker, and they allow muzzle up or muzzle down whilst moving. Cons: retention method needed to keep the weapon from swinging around if you need to use your hands, weapon drops muzzle straight down when doing transitions to pistol as opposed to dropping towards weak side, but this is just a training issue.

I run OSOE bungee single points, but have used Spec-Ops, Tactical Tailor, Eagle, etc.

voicesofthedead
07-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Alright, that just about seals the deal for me. I think I will go ahead, and confirm my order then.

HammerHead
07-19-2009, 04:20 PM
I used a three point sling for years on my G3 and loved it. But I prefer single point slings on my M4s, either a wolf hook on my rig or a loop sing with a single attachment point. They're convenient to drop over your shoulder, under your arm or in front of you and rather comfortable. Haven't used a bungie, as I'm not sure I'd like the potential bounce while marching on long patrols.

otang
07-19-2009, 05:33 PM
I have a single point as well, and it sees action from my G36K to my M4's and M16 long rifle. Bear's pro's and con's are spot on. Like HH implied they can bounce on you a little when moving.

Bear
07-19-2009, 06:03 PM
HH brings up a good point. For long patrols or situations requiring long periods of having a weapon slung, I prefer a quick-adjustable two-point sling such as the Viking Tactics MK2 or the OSOE Two Point sling. For short term, CQ/MOUT, or vehicle operations single points are superior.

walkingtarget
07-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Personally I have a single point sling and like it. I usually don't have it attached to my weapon during operation because it is hard to have the sling move across my body when I have a lot of gear on (ie tac vest, ALICE gear). The sling does move but not smoothly. When the op is over I attach the sling and it is nice to let the weapon weight ride on my sling. I'd buy one just based on the cost. Make sure the sling has a quick way to connect to the weapon like the sling in the link below

http://www.airsoftpost.com/proarms-sling-adapter-single-point-bungee-sling-black-p-31145.html

My $.02

jeremywills
07-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Specters Universal MOUT sling has become my favorite.

http://www.spectergear.com/specterstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1153&idcategory=34

Airsoft Gi sells Specter slings as well for a touch less money.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_95_179&products_id=919

Read the description, its pretty informative. I liked the simplicity of it. The release buckle is mighty nice if you get tangled up on something or just need to release the weapon mighty quick. Most of the bungee types I've seen have a metal clasp of some type to attach to the ring on the weapon. I found with gloves sometimes it was difficult to disengage it especially stressed. The fastex type buckle is much more efficient and is not right on the weapon so its easier for me to disengage it. II've got one on all of my M4 type AEGs and just recently purchased another for my AR15. I still prefer the 3 point on a 20 inch AR. YMMV as usual.

Luckily its an inexpensive sling to try out. If you didn't like it you are not out much. I'd trust a Specter to last longer than most of the Airsoft/Paintball/Gunshow rubbish I've seen floating around out there. They are made in the good ol USA with real world operators in mind ;)

Good luck.