PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Blender

iLL-1
06-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Some of you I'm sure are familiar with this site. Some of the newer players may not be. Since it's been a little slow on the forums I thought I'd share this. I have placed several orders with them and have been very happy thus far. I have not ordered a gun from them, but they have tons of inexpensive accessories. This is where I have been buying my Airsoft Elite .20 BB's. They have always shipped within 24 hours, and it takes only 3 days to arrive here in Austin via UPS ground. And the best part is, they have $4.95 flat rate shipping, so no matter how much you buy, the shipping will only cost you $4.95.

Here's an example of savings...

www.weaponblender.com
Airsoft Elite .20 BB's 4000ct $10.99
+ $ 4.95 shipping = $15.94

www.airsoftgi.com
Airsoft Elite .20 BB's 4000ct $11.50
+$10.57 shipping = $22.07

www.evike.com
Airsoft Elite .20 BB's 4000ct $11.00
+$9.27 shipping = $20.37

www.airsplat.com
Airsoft Elite .20 BB's 4000ct $11.00
+$12.08 shipping = $23.08

That's just three of the more well known sites. Again, I have not purchased a gun from them, but if you need BB's or accessories, they might be worth a shot. Also, I am in no way affiliated with Weapon Blender, I just like saving money, and in this economy, I'm sure you all do to.

AustinWolv
06-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Buy more bags, save more money: http://www.ricksairsoftarmory.com/airsoftelite.html
If you don't need that many bags, just sell the extras or arrange a group buy with some people.
That site is legit and reliable.

otang
06-18-2009, 04:19 PM
I get my .25g AE bb's from Crown.
.20g don't perform as well as .25's, but I suppose the newer players can use this info.

AustinWolv
06-18-2009, 04:46 PM
.20g don't perform as well as .25's, but I suppose the newer players can use this info.
That is another conversation. :)

iLL-1
06-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the link AW. At first glance though, for 3 bags of .20's, it's still cheaper at Weapon Blender. $38 vs. $45. The 10x and 18x buy looks to be a good deal...I could never spend that much in one shot on BB's so I would most certainly have to do a group purchase. In the end, for me, time is money, and I don't think it would be worth it to try and coordinate with people on doing a group purchase.

Otang, care to share what Crown's prices are like? Will Crown deliver to my house or will I have to drive to him?

I've run .25's in my gun and well, I didn't notice enough difference in performance to warrant the possible extra stress on the internals, and the drop in FPS. I've been doing just fine with .20's. In a couple months I'll be getting my stock gun upgraded, I'll try the .25's again then.

Sorry to get off topic, just wanted to address what was stated previously.

AustinWolv
06-18-2009, 06:41 PM
I've run .25's in my gun and well, I didn't notice enough difference in performance to warrant the possible extra stress on the internals, and the drop in FPS. I've been doing just fine with .20's.
To be clear, your gun doesn't care what weight of BB you use, i.e. there is no additional stress on the gun due to the BB weight.
While your muzzle velocity drops, the gun retains the same muzzle energy (or can actually gain some slight energy) which is what is what you should really care about. Furthermore, while the time to target is a bit slower with .25g, the effective range of the gun is increased by using the heavier mass.

Will Crown deliver to my house or will I have to drive to him?
Better yet, you might be able to pick them up at the field from him. :)

I tend to buy BBs in bulk since it is cheaper, and I know I'll use them at some point. Plus, I always have my supply ready to go and don't have to worry about scrambling to get some before an op or event. ;)

iLL-1
06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Well, I certainly respect your opinion on the matter, but I've read in more than one place that suggests otherwise. I'll take your word on it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Again, in my own albeit unscientific tests, range and accuracy were pretty much the same with .20's and .25's.

joeyphoshowey
06-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Hahaha....
Theoretically, there should be a difference in BB flight trajectory. I could list out a bunch of physics equations and energy conservation equations, but I'm sure no one wants to hear it.
On the matter of BB weight affecting gearbox longevity- As Wolv put, it simply doesnt matter.
The gearbox operation is independent of BB mass. The BB sits firmly in the hop up chamber, while air is pushed by piston out of the air nozzle. Gears continue to operate the same. There is no added stress, or resistance from the BB.

Increasing the Cycle rate (ie. with 9.6v or higher battery) will induce more strain on the gears. As will increasing spring tension (upgrading spring).

Back onto the subject - I took a look around the Weapon Blender page and found some gear at a competitive price compared to the other vendors you listed.
Im glad you posted this site, I almost bought the exact same gear for 30-40$ more than I would've paid here.

Good Find.

iLL-1
06-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Awesome Joey! That is the sole reason I took the time to write that post. Help my LSA friends save money...

AustinWolv
06-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Physics is physics, it has nothing to do with my word. Too bad the Airsoft Trajectory Project site isn't up anymore. Thank goodness for Webarchive (http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://cybersloth.org/airsoft/trajectory/index.htm)so I can just point to real data.

Anyway, good prices for quick, small orders.

iLL-1
06-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Here's a link to some technical data...http://www.airsoftretreat.com/features/articles/fpsweight/

As a prominent leader of this community your word carries much weight, and there's no doubt you are well versed on the subject. I meant that as a compliment, I hope you know that!

Clearly, I was misinformed, so thanks again for your clarification.

otang
06-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Not specified on that table is how much easier .25's punch through grass, wind, and brush without deflection. ;)