PDA

View Full Version : Project Reality

TY2D2
04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys have Project Reality for Battlefield 2? Or if you have Battlefield 2, maybe you would be interested in the most realistic modern FPS ever made?

It just earned the MOD DB mod of the year award, the most prestigous award for any mod to earn.

It is nothing like COD4, or its wannabe 'Hardcore' mode, this is the real deal when it comes to realism.

Many maps taking place all over the world with many factions. USMC, US Army, PLA [China] MEC [middle eastern coalition] Iraqi Insurgents, Afghani Taliban, Russian Federation Army, and the Chechen Rebels.

It has the most accurate specs on every weapon and vehicle made for all the respective forces, down to the very last bullet. Humvees to A10s everything is redone and much for fun for a realism focused player.

Best squad-play and team coordination I have ever witnessed in an online game. No more of that annoying lone wolf run and gun gameplay.

If you want to check it out go here, www.realitymod.com

It has plenty of media on the site, trailers, screenshots and whatnot. In my opinion, this game is worth the full price of B2 [$50 at release] but if it interests you, you can pick up B2 for 10 dollars online or at local retailers these days.

AustinWolv
04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
What, no RPG snipers anymore? That is a welcome change.

Sounds great. Too bad my PC days have slipped to buh-bye.

iLL-1
04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Wolv, does that mean you're a Mac man?

AustinWolv
04-08-2009, 10:24 PM
No, it means I don't play PC games, but rather console games.

bowser koopa
04-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Sigh...if only consoles allowed keyboard and mouse support for ALL first person shooters. I wouldn't ever be on a pc again for gaming, really. How people get good playing an FPS on a controller is still beyond me. I love xbox live though. It's such an awesome way to keep in touch with friends.

BTW, I -would- play BF2 if it weren't for planes and being sniped from random places. Yeah, I know...it's realistic to have snipers at random spots all over a large, open map. I guess I'm just not as hardcore as a lot of BF2 fans. I like more of the arcade-y feeling FPSes (to an extent...I'm not talking Halo deathmatch or anything here). Team Fortress 2 or Call of Duty is more of my speed. Too bad though...it'd be cool to hook up with more people on here and get some gaming going. If you or anyone else is on Steam, btw, let me know. I could add ya to my friends list.

TY2D2
04-09-2009, 10:10 PM
haha, RPG snipers, not exactly.

Though, the RPGs shoot like lasers up to 50 meters... but hey, it's a realism mod, RPGs don't float through the air like paper as they do in COD4 for example. Most engagements for teh average rifleman in PR take place at over 50 meters. Up too 300 meters away, and thats with an M16A4. Snipers are godly when it comes to range, but your team only gets ONE sniper at a time, every 2 minutes after the current one dies. It's called teh kit limitation system and it's the best feature PR ever implemented, rocket launchers, SAWs, AA, snipers, spec ops, engineers, all limited. Keeps the noobs at bay.

Bowser Koopa, I have steam, but none of my games are installed on it yet XD internet is slow these days 150kb/s [Ouch!] so it takes forever to DL off steam for me. Though I have like every Valve game ever released. PR has tied up most my gaming time anyways, so I don't think I would be playing on Steam much even if I had them installed... PR is jsut that epic, been playing it for like 5 years now, and I can't get enough.

Anyways, I could ramble on and on about it's greatness but I have more important stuff...

Like making my maps for First Strike (http://www.fsmod.com) Been a dev for First Strike for 3 years now, but that's a whole other bag of greatness. [If you liek Star Wars, check it out, it's my mod! :P]